Light-O-Rama Forums

Edwards Landing Lights Halloween 2012

MtDew4me

I finally got everything designed, built, installed, programmed and tested. Edwards Landing Lights' 2012 Halloween Display went live tonight without a hitch. I'm working on the getting some video of the sequences but I have some decent still shots for now.

Purplesmall_zpsc9041a88.jpg

Rainbowsmall_zps140f8110.jpg

PumpkinChorussmall_zps065606cd.jpg

This is my second year with LOR. Many thanks to all forum members for their direct and indirect help in bringing my display up a level. The forum has a wealth of information if you just take the time to search and read.

Happy Haunting!

Brandon

Thanks TJ. You're one of the ones that helped me greatly through your many posts on the forum. I hope your Oz themed Halloween display is going well.

That looks awesome. I love the pumpkins. They are all different. Did you carve them all?

Thanks Shaggy. Yes, I carved them all and not too difficult. However, I am still recovering from near 3rd burns on my fingertips from hot glueing the LED modules in them. :lol:

Thanks Shaggy. Yes, I carved them all and not too difficult. However, I am still recovering from near 3rd burns on my fingertips from hot glueing the LED modules in them. :lol:

LMAO...you and me both. Day one I had both hands inside my little pumpkins with a super hot glue gun. First pumpkin got me good. Still recovering too.

Tried to shoot some video tonight and I'm not really pleased with the outcome. I may try again at day break - maybe there will be less traffic and it'll give me another chance at honing my video skills.

I finally got a video pulled together for one of the sequences in our show – Gangnam Style by PSY. I tweaked the singing face sequence graciously shared with my by Torqumada286 and sequenced all the other elements myself. I wish the video was better – my elementary video skills complemented by traffic does not make for a high quality video production.

We have over 8,500 lights and roughly 250 channels of computer animation. Our set up consists of 4 LOR CTB16PC controllers, 2 LOR CMB16D-QC controllers and an iDMX200 which feeds 6 27-channel DMX controllers. The majority of the display is now RGB LEDs….we have 4 double Rainbow Flood lights, a single Rainbow Flood light, 5 30-LED/m dumb strips marking the vertical line on the house and LED 5050 modules in the pumpkins and ghosts.

Hope you like it.

• Like 2

can you enable mobile view on your YouTube channel so I can check this out

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do this. Can someone please help show me the way?

Until now I have not been inspired to do anything for Halloween but this just might have changed that. I can see now how the RGB elements can be used for both Christmas and Halloween by varying the color.

I would be interested in some closeup pictures during the day.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Until now I have not been inspired to do anything for Halloween but this just might have changed that. I can see now how the RGB elements can be used for both Christmas and Halloween by varying the color.

I would be interested in some closeup pictures during the day.

Thanks for the inspiration.

Wow! I am flattered but I truly "borrowed" most, if not all, prop ideas from others on the forum. That being said, I am happy provide daytime photos. What are you most interested in seeing?

Looks great. I use my iPad for most of the stuff so I couldn't see the video yet, but emailed it to myself so I could check it out when I get to my desk. D you have info on the Ghosts in your display? Love the way they look but I haven't found a version that I like, and yours look very cool. I also have the holiday coro tombstones too.

Looks great. I use my iPad for most of the stuff so I couldn't see the video yet, but emailed it to myself so I could check it out when I get to my desk. D you have info on the Ghosts in your display? Love the way they look but I haven't found a version that I like, and yours look very cool. I also have the holiday coro tombstones too.

Ah, the ghosts. Since I do Halloween and Christmas, I was looking for a prop that I could dual-purpose. I saw lighted ghosts on a forum members display and I really liked them. I wish I could remember whose so I could give them the propper kudos. It then started trying to figure out how I could make them and use the majority of the components in my Christmas display. As you noticed, I use the HolidayCoro tombstones. I was constantly on their website trying to figure out how to take my display to RGB (btw, Dave's videos on RGB are great). One of the videos I watched showed you how to make an RGB north pole. That's when the light came on (pun intended). My ghosts are pretty simple. They are basically a HolidayCoro RGB NorthPole with white fabric wrapped over the globe. During my initial moch up of the ghost-stake, as I call them, I discovered that the bottom of the ghosts didn't glow the way I wanted them. So, I fiddled around with different LED placement and determined that 2 LED modules hot glued to the bottom of the PVC northpole topper cap worked the way I wanted. I then took some white fabric put it over the globe and used craft wire wrapped around the lip of the globe to hold the fabric on. then, I just placed the globe over the stake. There's a picture of the guts on our Facebook page here. Then, pound some rebar into the ground, and slide on the ghost-stake.

Then for Christmas, I'll detach the two LED modules from on the bottom of the globe cap and slide the cap into a 4" PVC north pole, remove the white fabric and it becomes an RGB North Pole. The LEDs on the bottom of the cap are just slightly bigger than the cap which is why they need to be removed in order to fit inside the 4" PVC pole. Let me know if you have any questions or need futher clarification on something.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to do this. Can someone please help show me the way?

After searching the web on why I don't have the option to enable mobile viewing in the Syndication options on YouTube, I came across this:

"If there is a copyright claim, content id match or licensed music (such as from AudioSwap), you do not have the exclusive rights required to change the syndication options." Some also claimed that "If you're a YouTube partner, click on the "Monetization" tab in the info and settings editor. You can change the Syndication settings from there."

This seems to also be validated in post #11 of this LOR thread.