LOR S3 ver 3.6.0

&

San Devices E681

DMX universe 1 = 100 Pixels on Socket 1-1

DMX universe 2 = 152 Pixels on Socket 2-1

DMX universe 3 = 40 Pixels on Socket 3-1

DMX universe 4 = 136 Pixels on Socket 4-1

I have verified:

1.) on the E680 that the universes are assigned to their respective sockets (ie DMX 1 is on Socket 1-1, DMX 2 is one 2-1, etc)

2.) That all four (4) universes are set up as multicast on the network settings

3.) that the sequencer is pointing to the correct DMX universe

4.) When running the test sequences (on the E681 ie: test 4, test 5, test 6), the lights flash in the correct order (which makes me think the board is property configured, and it's probably something wrong with my LOR config)

5.) the 'listener' shows all four universes opened successfully.

I will post screenshots tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Edited by Crazydave

The two places I would look hardest are the E681 configuration, making sure you do have universe 4 on cluster 4, and universe 3 on cluster 3. Then in the LOR network configuration, to make shure you don't have the multicast addresses swapped for the two universes.

Ok I will double check that tonight when I get home.

What was strange was that it was working before I upgraded my power supply. and connected all 4 strings.

I used to have only 1 or 2 strings connected, but the configuration on the e681 didn't change.

Also, I'm not to sure about how the e681 displays the test pattern

Does it run through the by the Socket and pixel #

or does it run through based on DMX universe and pixel?

Ok

I'm a little confused now,,.. because It's working fine.

I *think* that it may have had to do with the webserver.

Today... when I booted up the computer, and started LOR and plugged in the Controller.... I Was having the similar symptoms...

but this time DMX univ 3 was working on 3 and 4 was not working at all.

I 'reset' the controller and loaded the webserver and checked all the settings. then reset the controller again..

then loaded a new clean sequence and it works just fine now. Maybe I should upgrade to e682.

Edited by Crazydave

The e681 only allows 3 connections if you are using the web server. If you don't open or use the web server, you can use all 4 clusters.

The 682 solves this issue.

The e681 only allows 3 connections if you are using the web server. If you don't open or use the web server, you can use all 4 clusters.

The 682 solves this issue.

Sorry for the stupid question, does the web sevrer give the e682 a webpage type interface for programming versus a command line type? Sort of like the j1sys controllers.

The 682 only resolves the inability to use all universes at the same time as the web interface.

As far as I know, the web interface is still CLI. But you should only have to work your way through it once..

The 682 only resolves the inability to use all universes at the same time as the web interface.

As far as I know, the web interface is still CLI. But you should only have to work your way through it once..

This is a little off track but can the 4 banks contain strings of different lengths? For example, bank 1 has a string of 60 pixels, 50 pixels, 50 pixels, and 12 pixels?

This is a little off track but can the 4 banks contain strings of different lengths? For example, bank 1 has a string of 60 pixels, 50 pixels, 50 pixels, and 12 pixels?

Yes, during the setup you assign type and number of pixels for each of the 4 universes. You can mix different types of pixels on different universes or different number of pixels on different universes.

Yes, during the setup you assign type and number of pixels for each of the 4 universes. You can mix different types of pixels on different universes or different number of pixels on different universes.

Can the string length vary within a universe?

Yes.

So I could do:

Universe 1:

50 pixels - 40 pixels - 60 pixels - 12 pixels

Universe 2:

50 pixels - 50 pixels - 12 pixels

Universe 3:

Open

Universe 4:

Use as balanced DMX to run two 27-Channel DMX 9 RGB String Controllers

So I could do:

Universe 1:

50 pixels - 40 pixels - 60 pixels - 12 pixels

Universe 2:

50 pixels - 50 pixels - 12 pixels

Universe 3:

Open

Universe 4:

Use as balanced DMX to run two 27-Channel DMX 9 RGB String Controllers

I think you can make that work. Normally you would use the same number of pixels on each strings but...

as long as the pixels are all the same type, I don't see why it wont work.

You configure the universe by setting the number of strings and the number of pixels per string.

For example 3 strings of 50 pixels. It will automatically configure that universe for 3 strings x 50 pixels x 3 channels = 450 addresses.

If you are going to use different number of strings of the same type of pixel you should just set it up as the total number of pixels, and then wire the strings consecutively.

Your Universe 1 would be 162 pixels (486 addresses)

So you would have to configure 1 string of 162 pixels. I don't remember what the max is, so you might have to set 3 strings of 54 pixels.

Maybe somebody else can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.