Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I add CCP

PaulXmas

dariansdad wrote:

http://www.lightorama.com/PDF/CB100D_Man_Web.pdf

This shows a picture of both, scroll down to 3rd physical page on the lower right and there is a description of both. I think the reason for all of the questions is, the CC Pixels were offered in the March Grab sale. I did not find the CC Bulbs, so I don't think they're available yet.

In essence, the CC Bulbs and CC Pixels are very similar in make-up but different in physical appearance.

Please, anybody correct me if I'm wrong in my statement. The last thing I want to do is confuse anyone else. I'm confused enough already.

You are correct. As depicted in the picture; the pixel has a small clear bulb originally made to insert into small holes located in a sign; the bulb has a C7 or C9 (not sure which size is closest) deflector surrounding the rbg leds and is intended to look more like a traditional Christmas light.

Charles

LightORamaJohn wrote:

PaulXmas wrote:
I did an upgrade, so I am at the lastest and greatest but still not sure how to add the CCP. I think you just add 2 strings and "flip" the first one. Once mine arrive I can test and will know for sure.

There is a "dual normal" unit ID mode in the CCB/CCP controller. This is the default Unit ID mode. What it does is take the configured Unit ID and the configured Unit ID + 1 and make the CCB/CCP look like two CCRs. You can add a Cosmic Color Device in the Sequence Editor for each of the Unit IDs.

You can still address all the pixels on the first Unit ID when using dual normal Unit ID mode.

You can configure the first bulb string as 'Flipped' so that the two Cosmic Color Devices can be manipulated as a continuous string of pixels. This is also true when you address all the pixels on one unit ID.

John,

I have a CCP. A couple of things:

1)The "flip" in the HU is greyed out. Why?
2)I read this thread
3)I see no mention of this "dual-normal" unit ID in either the HU, SE or documentation. Should I be seeing this?
4)The HU returns a single unit ID of 01 when controller and both strings are attached.
5)When I "insert a device" into the SE, only the first 50 pixels plus 7 macro channels show up
6)How do I make the second string show up?
7)How do I flip it with it being greyed out?
8)The HU returns unit 01 in the search. Thinking this "dual-normal" would then make 02 the second string, I added it to the SE but I have no control

Charles

Edit: The second string works in the HU when I use the console.

I talked with Dan and got a new device.txt file which fixed the problem.

Charles

Charles Belcher wrote:

Charles
would you like to share it?

jimswinder wrote:

Charles Belcher wrote:

Charles
would you like to share it?

Jim,

I typed too soon. Part of the problem is solved but not all. I just emailed Dan again. I will let you know when the problem is 100% gone.

Charles

• 1 month later...

Did this issue get resolved? I'm still at a loss as to how to add the second string. All the options for 2nd string flipped, etc. are grayed out as the poster above referred to.

What am I doing wrong? I'm lost. :P

I set up the strings in the HU as shown in the guide...I've attempted to run basic colors in the Sequencer, and nothing shows up, not even on the first string.

I'm having no issues with CCR's, only CCB's. I have 2 CCR's, and they work fine, so I know I'm setting up the RGB and macro channels correctly.

There's some small thing I'm missing here.

• The topic was locked