Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR 1.6.1 upgrade

Guest guest

Just downloaded the upgrade to the full version of the LOR Sequence Editor. I really like the new button graphics and the wave form display is what I have been waiting for! Way to go Dan & the LOR team!

I had to un-install both the demo and the full version and then re-install the full version before I could get the upgrade to load. I installed it on an XP machine(not show PC) to try it out. I'm a little leary this close to Christmas to run it right now.

~Todd

Junebug wrote:

Just downloaded the upgrade to the full version of the LOR Sequence Editor. I really like the new button graphics and the wave form display is what I have been waiting for! Way to go Dan & the LOR team!

Hear hear! Sequencing or even just tweaking here and there is so much easier to just "wing" without tapping now.

Thanks for the new editor!

ToddS wrote:

I had to un-install both the demo and the full version and then re-install the full version before I could get the upgrade to load. I installed it on an XP machine(not show PC) to try it out. I'm a little leary this close to Christmas to run it right now.

~Todd

This is EXACTLY what I did also...
Worked like a champ! ;)
(Be certain to back up your "sequences" and "audio" folders under the LOR folder first)
Although I am brave...I am going to run it for my show :]
(I can always fall back and reinstall 1.5 if I have to!)

Terry

I bit the bullet yesterday and decided to give it a go on my show machine.
I made a backup of the original LOR directory, uninstalled the demo, uninstalled the 1.5 version. Rebooted the box, reinstalled 1.5, installed the 1.6 upgrade, ran the hardware utility.
I then copied my audio directories, sequences and show schedules into the new LOR folder and I was back in business. Ran a partial show last night due to weather but everything worked great.

I love the new sequencing interface. It makes life much easier. Thanks Dan!

Tim

ToddS wrote:

~Todd

I did pretty much the same thing, then transferred all my sequences and audio files to the new directory. I plan on setting up a show to run in a few minutes to make sure everything is set for tonight. My main worry initially was that I didn't know where I downloaded my original software to, but i found the location and was able to reinstall it.

Maybe it's the same thing and I'm just asking a Q that I shouldn't be, but I downloaded the LOR 1.6.0 upgrade and now there is a 1.6.1? Is this the same thing or is there more stuff in the .1 then the .0? I only ask this because I installed the .0 with no problem and want to know if I have to download .1 now or if it's some fix for the problem people were having in installing .0

thanks

Rob

musicman wrote:

Maybe it's the same thing and I'm just asking a Q that I shouldn't be, but I downloaded the LOR 1.6.0 upgrade and now there is a 1.6.1? Is this the same thing or is there more stuff in the .1 then the .0? I only ask this because I installed the .0 with no problem and want to know if I have to download .1 now or if it's some fix for the problem people were having in installing .0

thanks

Rob

According to LOR John, 1.6.0 had a serious scheduler bug. You should upgrade to 1.6.1.

-Tim

their is now an upgrade?? i think i have a 1.5?? tring to find it! my first box is 2yrs old now counting this year as #2. but if so, im afraid of messing with it untill january 2nd, i worked really hard to mess this gig up now!!;)

joe denny wrote:

their is now an upgrade?? i think i have a 1.5?? tring to find it! my first box is 2yrs old now counting this year as #2. but if so, im afraid of messing with it untill january 2nd, i worked really hard to mess this gig up now!!;)

No need to upgrade from 1.5.0 if you're happy with how your show is working now.

-Tim

The upgrade may make sequenceing easier, but if you are up and running and happy, then press with it until the season ends and then do the upgrades. I got both of my computers upgraded. The show machine had some issues, but the workshop machine worked first time with no problems. Just had to reinstall the original on the show machine to get it to accept the upgrade. Some new features make sequencing a little easier, but everything else is not noticable.

If you are happy, then stick with what you have. :waycool:

Chris

Am I the only one experiencing SERIOUS program crashes? I can't get one sequence to run with out the program crashing. Granted, I had problems before, but at least once I got running, I could run without much problem. I'm backing down, just have to find my 1.5 install EXE.

I upgraded both my home pc and my Laptop to the 1.61 version. No problems here and I am running my show tonight with no issues from the laptop. Windows XP on both machines. The Wave view on the sequence editor is a huge help.

Flanman

BillyT wrote:

Am I the only one experiencing SERIOUS program crashes? I can't get one sequence to run with out the program crashing. Granted, I had problems before, but at least once I got running, I could run without much problem. I'm backing down, just have to find my 1.5 install EXE.

Billy, sorry to hear you are having serious issues. I have the occassional skipping issue still, but nothing serious at all. I sure do hope you get everything sorted out very soon. Keep us posted.

Chris

BillyT wrote:

BillyT,

It would be helpful to the rest of us to know what your hardware and OS is.

Thanks,

Charlie

Tried to install the update on a Windows 2000 machine and I get the error:

"Setup cannot continue because some of the files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like setup to update these files for you. You will need to restart Windows before you can run setuo again"

After I reboot I get the same error. The OS is currently up to date with all patches. I had no problemm installing on my XP Pro notebook, however I use the 2000 machine for runing the show since it's one of my spare PC's. Anybody have any ideas on this problem?

Mark

msteele wrote:

"Setup cannot continue because some of the files are out of date on your system. Click OK if you would like setup to update these files for you. You will need to restart Windows before you can run setuo again"

After I reboot I get the same error. The OS is currently up to date with all patches. I had no problemm installing on my XP Pro notebook, however I use the 2000 machine for runing the show since it's one of my spare PC's. Anybody have any ideas on this problem?

Same problem here, except when I restart, nothing happens. I'm on XP Media Center. The one my show is going to be on is regular XP, but I do/am doing all my prep work on this one.

so where are the issues with the old software?? i did notice on my rudolph it all of sudden seemed "off" a bit. normal folks wouldnt notice it but i did then it caught up at the end. my other complaint is that i tried to do Barbara S. Jingle bells and after a couple of hrs on it i replayed the animation and it was way off! i was pretty dissapointed! (family friendly version). any updated info would be appreciated due to lack of internet time. thanks to all.