Light-O-Rama Forums

Extender Cables -- Are you interested?

Don

Since I'm new to this and haven't ordered any CCR's yet, what is the expected connection range from the OEM equipment? I'm assuming they connect via the Cat5 to the other controllers...unless a seperate RS485 path from USB is needed for the additional data flow in which case, what is the maximum distance from the source computer?

dgrant wrote:

Since I'm new to this and haven't ordered any CCR's yet, what is the expected connection range from the OEM equipment? I'm assuming they connect via the Cat5 to the other controllers...unless a seperate RS485 path from USB is needed for the additional data flow in which case, what is the maximum distance from the source computer?

The extender cables I'm talking about would be from the CCR Controller to the CCR Ribbon. The length of the cable supplied is 6'. This would extend that distance. (How far of an extension, I don't know yet. Still having with talks with LOR about it.

As for connecting the CCR controller to your other controllers, yes, a standard CAT5 cable is used.

Guest wbottomley

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

Does anyone know how many CCR'S have been sold since conception ?

I don't think LOR will release their sales record. 1000 guesses will probably not get in the ball park.

Hmm, I'm guessing the extension line that comes stock with the CCRs are waterproof?

If they are, I can probably just get away with putting boxes under the eaves - it's just trying to figure out how to mount them under the eaves. I'm putting them over both my garages, and they don't have eaves. Trying to figure out where to mount the controller where they're protected from snow/rain.

Any ideas?

• The topic was locked