Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Arnoldc

Halloween/Christmas poll lights

jimswinder wrote:

Arnoldc wrote:
I finally got clean pulls today! I switched to a different mold release agent, and that has done the trick! Now time to start cranking these things out!
Im a very happy camper now!:cool:

I fully understand you wanting to make these...and am ENVIOUS that you are able to create these great looking lights...but with all the time, effort and expense you have put into them, wouldn't it have been quicker and cheaper to buy some inexpensive outdoor wall lights from Home Depot??

http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Outdoor-Lighting-Outdoor-Wall-Lighting-Outdoor-Wall-Mount/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbvni/h_d2/Navigation?Ns=P_REP_PRC_MODE|0&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&langId=-1
Well, I didn't like any of the styles for what I am wanting to do.. Another reason, I have 21 of these to make just to do my area. Yeah I have a lot of time and fusteration in this. But all in all it is a lot of fun. Plus, its mine.. Due to the industry I am in, I have the luxury of using my imagination, and when I can use my ideas instead of someone elses, it makes it one of a kind.

Arnoldc wrote:

Due to the industry I am in, I have the luxury of using my imagination, and when I can use my ideas instead of someone elses, it makes it one of a kind.

Good!!!

Don't let naysayers like myself deter you in any way!! ;)

Can't wait to see the end result!

While waiting for the cap and base to dry, I got the structure built. As you can see, I have 4 screws holding this side in. I hope this is easy enough access for one to get what they want in there.

Attached files 253283=13823-IMG00647-20110719-2127.jpg

This is the first finished one of the final modifications! It looks great! Granted there is some minor tweaks here and there, but that will come out in due time!
And yes, I have my table and plants strapped to the ceiling, I work in an anti gravity environment B)

Attached files 253291=13825-IMG00650-20110719-2220.jpg

Here are the latest sets of lights.. This last version allows one to fully disassemble the light fixture for ease of storage. Also, has a better looking glass in it. Im hoping to have one up and running by the weekend.

Attached files 255997=14059-IMG00680-20110803-2005.jpg

very nice....didn't realize how BIG they were (now that I see that hand next to them)

Arnold- That looks great.

Jeff- Dawn must be strong to hold up that chain.

Jeff-

Looks great! I cant wait to see it with the new glass!

Brownout-
Thank you! I am almost done making these! Once that is done, Halloween is done for me! LOL