Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BrownOut

All cut up

BrownOut wrote:

Ah yes. Nice cool morning in the mountains of western Carolina. Temp is mid 60s and the birds are singing. Nice cup of hot coffee on the porch and time to test the 10 part ribbon before mounting to the PVC. CRAP! They all come on solid white.

The ends of each ribbon section are labeled (12v) (D) © and (-). I double checked and made sure my connections are correct... they are... sort of. Data travels from left to right if text on ribbon if it is facing you... I have mine exactly every other one reversed because of the way I layed them out on my desk to solder them. The good news is I used LOTS of glue.

EDIT: I now have them all apart again...Grrr.

Where did you get the ribbon wire from, what gauge wire did you use ?

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

BrownOut wrote:
Ah yes. Nice cool morning in the mountains of western Carolina. Temp is mid 60s and the birds are singing. Nice cup of hot coffee on the porch and time to test the 10 part ribbon before mounting to the PVC. CRAP! They all come on solid white.

The ends of each ribbon section are labeled (12v) (D) © and (-). I double checked and made sure my connections are correct... they are... sort of. Data travels from left to right if text on ribbon if it is facing you... I have mine exactly every other one reversed because of the way I layed them out on my desk to solder them. The good news is I used LOTS of glue.

EDIT: I now have them all apart again...Grrr.

Where did you get the ribbon wire from, what gauge wire did you use ?
I used part of the feed wire that came with the ribbon and shortened the end that goes to the controller for the star. On my CCR arches, I used a 20AWG rubber coated test lead wire from RadioShack that will stay flexible in the cold similar to the wire that comes one the ribbon. Other users have used Molex disconnects with wires attached.