• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BrownOut

• Ron Amedee

• caniac

• TGabriel

;-) arches have been done. Working on sequencing and trying to imagine what my house will look like with CCBs. I am using the first half of the music video "Cascade" by Deluka. Can't wait for my snow tubes from CDI. I got 25 of the 48" tubes. Should be very bright at the point of the song "on, off, like a light switch".

That star looks great! And I'm even more excited to hear when someone else hasn't watched Star Wars Either!!:D

Spaceballs may be one of my most favorite movies.

jeffandnicole wrote:

That star looks great! And I'm even more excited to hear when someone else hasn't watched Star Wars Either!!:D

Spaceballs may be one of my most favorite movies.
well buy/rent the first three star wars movies and watch. then rewatch spaceballs, it will be even funnier. take a break and then watch the first two Family Guy knockoffs starting with Blue Harvest then Something, Something, DarkSide.

Once you have finished watching the Star Wars, Space Balls an Family Guy, find the robot chicken star wars episodes to put it all in the correct perspective. :D

JoeKinne wrote:

Once you have finished watching the Star Wars, Space Balls an Family Guy, find the robot chicken star wars episodes to put it all in the correct perspective. :P
yep

Logan..During your Samari Warrior CUTTING up the ribbons, Did you try inputting the data Paralell to the front of two ribbons using two power sources? Wandering if that would solve the intesity issues of running multible ribbons off of one controller. I will be running three ribbons off of one and really don't want to light 9 pixals at once if possible. Don't mind if all three mirror each other because that is what I want to do with only one controller!!!

Jeff
Thats exactly it.I will have a long run of 38 ft. If i used three ribbons end to end with one controller I would be lighting up 9 pixals for each channel, Thats 27 rgb nodes per channel. I won't be utilizing micro's because i want the control of small "tight" chases. If it works like i hope it will react like three ribbons end to end but with only one controller and extra power brought to the second two. That way i only have to program 50 channels not 150. I have been sequencing for 7 controllers and thank goodness for copy and paste!!!

• 6 months later...

BrownOut wrote:

Ah yes. Nice cool morning in the mountains of western Carolina. Temp is mid 60s and the birds are singing. Nice cup of hot coffee on the porch and time to test the 10 part ribbon before mounting to the PVC. CRAP! They all come on solid white.

The ends of each ribbon section are labeled (12v) (D) © and (-). I double checked and made sure my connections are correct... they are... sort of. Data travels from left to right if text on ribbon if it is facing you... I have mine exactly every other one reversed because of the way I layed them out on my desk to solder them. The good news is I used LOTS of glue.

EDIT: I now have them all apart again...Grrr.

Where did you get the ribbon wire from, what gauge wire did you use ?

Larry Leonhardt wrote:

BrownOut wrote:
Ah yes. Nice cool morning in the mountains of western Carolina. Temp is mid 60s and the birds are singing. Nice cup of hot coffee on the porch and time to test the 10 part ribbon before mounting to the PVC. CRAP! They all come on solid white.

The ends of each ribbon section are labeled (12v) (D) © and (-). I double checked and made sure my connections are correct... they are... sort of. Data travels from left to right if text on ribbon if it is facing you... I have mine exactly every other one reversed because of the way I layed them out on my desk to solder them. The good news is I used LOTS of glue.

EDIT: I now have them all apart again...Grrr.

Where did you get the ribbon wire from, what gauge wire did you use ?
I used part of the feed wire that came with the ribbon and shortened the end that goes to the controller for the star. On my CCR arches, I used a 20AWG rubber coated test lead wire from RadioShack that will stay flexible in the cold similar to the wire that comes one the ribbon. Other users have used Molex disconnects with wires attached.

• The topic was locked