Light-O-Rama Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Leroy Thompson

What did you buy today?

Guest guest

Jeff Millard wrote:

All I bought was gas for the snowblower...

Jeff

I didn't buy any of that either...:P

Makes you wonder if these last few weeks of weather, from west coast to east, is a sign of things to come this winter...ugh..

thompsol wrote:

Please tell me about the spinners. I'm kind of a newbie at this and that's a term I'm not as familiar with. How do they work?

Attached files 231094=12689-Candy cane spinner.jpg

This is mine that I built in 2009. 16 channels. Each cane has a string of red and a string of clear bulbs in them.

http://vimeo.com/9257589

I need around 120 canes for my 2011 project.

I got 240 boxes of red ans clear 100ct minis at WalMart 50% off. Saved myself over $300!!

I bought about 7500 multi colored mini LED. Some from Lowes, Home Depot and some from Sam's. Still need to order some LED single colored lights for the Mega tree for next year. Plans are to go from 16 chaneels to 96 channels next year.

George Simmons wrote:

thompsol wrote:
Please tell me about the spinners. I'm kind of a newbie at this and that's a term I'm not as familiar with. How do they work?

Thanks for the picture George and great idea using the fencing. cheers.gif

Bought 20 canes from Wallyworld today because I planned on doing two 8 cane wheels... I like your 12 cane layout though since it looks fuller. I'm keeping my fingers crossed our other Walmart has 4 more red/white. :)

-Jeff

p.s. And to keep in the spirit of this thread, I picked up another 7,200 clear incans this afternoon. :)

I thought to use 16. Yours looks, good. I wonder if 16 would be to crowded.

Sandra and I bought 222 boxes of 100ct mini's

Cleaned out 3 counties to do it .. LOL .. man they are getting scarce ..

Bob

bob_moody wrote:

Sandra and I bought 222 boxes of 100ct mini's

Cleaned out 3 counties to do it .. LOL .. man they are getting scarce ..

Bob

What kind of minis did you get and how much?

I need Yellow, 100ct mini's that are about 2.5" apart, or 20' long lighted length. Any ideas who to go to, or who would be the cheapest?

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Wait a minute Bob - don't tell us - let me guess...

Okay - my guess is that you got 100 ct strings. And I'm thinking you got, um, 200 sets. No, wait - I see another number forming in my mind - hold on a minute... ... ... it's getting clearer by the second... ... almost there... I've got it! I'll guess 222 boxes of minis! How did I do?

George Simmons wrote:

ny_yankee_25 wrote:

Wait a minute Bob - don't tell us - let me guess...

Okay - my guess is that you got 100 ct strings. And I'm thinking you got, um, 200 sets. No, wait - I see another number forming in my mind - hold on a minute... ... ... it's getting clearer by the second... ... almost there... I've got it! I'll guess 222 boxes of minis! How did I do?

Why do you have to be a F**KING Smart A$$! I know he bought 200 boxes of 100ct mini's. I was asking WHAT KIND! DUMB A$$!

Lets see they make alot of colored mini's, like:
Red
Blue
Yellow
Green
White
Muti
Purple
Amber
Pink
Light Blue

Should I go ON?

On yea, There is also spacing!
Like: 2", 2.5", 4", 6", 1' spacing, Maybe more!

I asked bob_moody a question! So personally me, and I'm sure the "administrators" of this forum would agree, If you ain't got something nice to say. Than shut-up!

The main purpose of this forum is for "people" to ask questions, and not feel bullied or have their question laughed at, or ripped apart like George Simmons did for asking a question, they felt was important to them!

DAN, I'm sorry for VENTING, But this is not the first time I have had this problem, for asking a question. Something should be said/enforced!

Thanks!

We bought all WalMart Multi-Minis (Yard Grid next year and more mini trees) + 8 boxes of the amber. Our MegaTree is getting old and eventually the lights and strings will start failing and the ambers are hard to come by in these parts).

I know Amber isnt yellow and its not the gold I have on the tree now but its a reasonable replacement if I do them all. Wish I had known you were looking. Our WalMart had a couple of cases of them left but alas .. there are no bulbs left in Prison City....

I grabbed them while I could at $1.24 a box. Glad I did .. 75% off with nothing to buy isnt a bargin .. LOL

bob_moody wrote:

We bought all WalMart Multi-Minis (Yard Grid next year and more mini trees) + 8 boxes of the amber. Our MegaTree is getting old and eventually the lights and strings will start failing and the ambers are hard to come by in these parts).

Thank you, for your answer! Again I was looking for yellow. And I did not know if your purchase would lead me to another purchase somewhere. Thanks Again!

I'm beginning to worry about getting lights anymore .. I'm really not fond of LED's and Sandra actually HATES them .. LOL .. I guess we either pay top dollar for the incandecents or eventually quit the big displays.

bob_moody wrote:

I'm beginning to worry about getting lights anymore .. I'm really not fond of LED's and Sandra actually HATES them .. LOL .. I guess we either pay top dollar for the incandecents or eventually quit the big displays.

Where I live, the road people see my display from is over 200 ft away. So with me, I had a bad experience too, with LED's too!

Our Lowes received a pallet of Christmas stuff a week ago and I've been watching the inventory online ever since. This morning they went 75% off so I was there by 10 after 6. :)

Lowes.jpg

I think we are set with clear lights for the next few years. :D

-Jeff

Tip from an unnamed source at WalMart last night told me that Walmart was going 75% off this morning. I rolled the dice and won one (for once.. Cant say the same for my last trip to the craps table.. :D) ..

Last buy of the year. A new 7' Duncan tree (From $88 to $22) and 5 24" lighted wreaths (From $10 to $2.50)....

Does anyone know if there is a big difference in color or brightness between gold lights and yellow lights? Are they basically the same thing?

Like when people call tomato or tomoto? Same thing, just called two different things.

Jeffrey wrote:

Our Lowes received a pallet of Christmas stuff a week ago and I've been watching the inventory online ever since. This morning they went 75% off so I was there by 10 after 6. :)

Lowes.jpg

I think we are set with clear lights for the next few years. :D

-Jeff

I only need 36 boxes of yellow. I don't know the different between yellow lights and gold, but after reading your post, I checked into it, and Lowe's sells gold lights. So I bought 11 sets from a store in Springville, NY, and 25 sets from a store in Camillus, NY, Plus $9 ship on each one. That means I just paid $47 for something I was going to buy online for $279! Even with a 50% off deal online, (that some do), Thats still $139.50.

Thats a $92.50 to $232 savings! Depending on how you look at it!

I just hope gold looks OK!

I dont know what your doing with the yellow, but I have the Lowes gold/yellow lights on my 3D wire Dickens lamps and they do really look nice.

The pictures are very good but there is a picture of the Dickens lamps at:

http://moodychristmas.weebly.com/christmas-2007.html

Happy New YEAR !!!

bob_moody wrote:

I dont know what your doing with the yellow, but I have the Lowes gold/yellow lights on my 3D wire Dickens lamps and they do really look nice.

The pictures are very good but there is a picture of the Dickens lamps at:

http://moodychristmas.weebly.com/christmas-2007.html

Happy New YEAR !!!

Well My plans are not gone! The 25 sets from a store in Camillus, NY. Well the Store Manager called to say, by the time they went to remove them off the shelf to ship them to me, they had none! So now I'm short 25 sets!

They were going to go on my 64 channel new Mega Tree for 2011. But Now What!