Light-O-Rama Forums

What did you buy today?

Leroy Thompson

We bought all WalMart Multi-Minis (Yard Grid next year and more mini trees) + 8 boxes of the amber. Our MegaTree is getting old and eventually the lights and strings will start failing and the ambers are hard to come by in these parts).

I know Amber isnt yellow and its not the gold I have on the tree now but its a reasonable replacement if I do them all. Wish I had known you were looking. Our WalMart had a couple of cases of them left but alas .. there are no bulbs left in Prison City....

I grabbed them while I could at $1.24 a box. Glad I did .. 75% off with nothing to buy isnt a bargin .. LOL

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rgardner518

• George Simmons

• Leroy Thompson

• friskybri

bob_moody wrote:

We bought all WalMart Multi-Minis (Yard Grid next year and more mini trees) + 8 boxes of the amber. Our MegaTree is getting old and eventually the lights and strings will start failing and the ambers are hard to come by in these parts).

Thank you, for your answer! Again I was looking for yellow. And I did not know if your purchase would lead me to another purchase somewhere. Thanks Again!

I'm beginning to worry about getting lights anymore .. I'm really not fond of LED's and Sandra actually HATES them .. LOL .. I guess we either pay top dollar for the incandecents or eventually quit the big displays.

bob_moody wrote:

I'm beginning to worry about getting lights anymore .. I'm really not fond of LED's and Sandra actually HATES them .. LOL .. I guess we either pay top dollar for the incandecents or eventually quit the big displays.

Where I live, the road people see my display from is over 200 ft away. So with me, I had a bad experience too, with LED's too!

Our Lowes received a pallet of Christmas stuff a week ago and I've been watching the inventory online ever since. This morning they went 75% off so I was there by 10 after 6. :)

Lowes.jpg

I think we are set with clear lights for the next few years. :D

-Jeff

Tip from an unnamed source at WalMart last night told me that Walmart was going 75% off this morning. I rolled the dice and won one (for once.. Cant say the same for my last trip to the craps table.. :D) ..

Last buy of the year. A new 7' Duncan tree (From $88 to $22) and 5 24" lighted wreaths (From $10 to $2.50)....

Does anyone know if there is a big difference in color or brightness between gold lights and yellow lights? Are they basically the same thing?

Like when people call tomato or tomoto? Same thing, just called two different things.

Jeffrey wrote:

Our Lowes received a pallet of Christmas stuff a week ago and I've been watching the inventory online ever since. This morning they went 75% off so I was there by 10 after 6. :)

Lowes.jpg

I think we are set with clear lights for the next few years. :D

-Jeff

I only need 36 boxes of yellow. I don't know the different between yellow lights and gold, but after reading your post, I checked into it, and Lowe's sells gold lights. So I bought 11 sets from a store in Springville, NY, and 25 sets from a store in Camillus, NY, Plus $9 ship on each one. That means I just paid $47 for something I was going to buy online for $279! Even with a 50% off deal online, (that some do), Thats still $139.50.

Thats a $92.50 to $232 savings! Depending on how you look at it!

I just hope gold looks OK!

I dont know what your doing with the yellow, but I have the Lowes gold/yellow lights on my 3D wire Dickens lamps and they do really look nice.

The pictures are very good but there is a picture of the Dickens lamps at:

http://moodychristmas.weebly.com/christmas-2007.html

Happy New YEAR !!!

bob_moody wrote:

I dont know what your doing with the yellow, but I have the Lowes gold/yellow lights on my 3D wire Dickens lamps and they do really look nice.

The pictures are very good but there is a picture of the Dickens lamps at:

http://moodychristmas.weebly.com/christmas-2007.html

Happy New YEAR !!!

Well My plans are not gone! The 25 sets from a store in Camillus, NY. Well the Store Manager called to say, by the time they went to remove them off the shelf to ship them to me, they had none! So now I'm short 25 sets!

They were going to go on my 64 channel new Mega Tree for 2011. But Now What!

Well I was able to find yesterday 5 54" trees that I will wrap with 140ct red, green, & Cool White LEDs for 2011 display. Got them for 75% off or about 10 bucks each. And today got two large totes to put them in. Also got 25 green candy canes that will be converted to LED lamps in 2012 (its not in the budget for this year). So will run with the Icans for 1 yr. And a tote to store them in. Getting ready to order about 1K bucks worth of LEDs from CDI and one PC type LOR controller kit. Going to cut back spending a bit this year so we can take a Vacation this year.

Sorry I might have already mentioned the Candy Canes.

kzaas wrote:

Bought 72 boxes of Clear 100 minis at Lowes at 60% off. Want to surround my yard with mini arches next year instead of the candy canes I've been using for 15 years.
Bought 50 more boxes of clear minis at Walmart today for 62 cents ea. Would have bought more but I'm out of money.

I'm junking my 16 channel candy cane spinner pinwheel. Came up with a new cool project that will use 120 candy canes for 2011.

kzaas wrote:

kzaas wrote:
Bought 72 boxes of Clear 100 minis at Lowes at 60% off. Want to surround my yard with mini arches next year instead of the candy canes I've been using for 15 years.
Bought 50 more boxes of clear minis at Walmart today for 62 cents ea. Would have bought more but I'm out of money.

Its worse yet when you have the money and pass up cases of blue,red,green and clear at 62 cents a box.I am at about 90% led and wont use incandecents.

JBullard wrote:

I'm junking my 16 channel candy cane spinner pinwheel. Came up with a new cool project that will use 120 candy canes for 2011.
120 CC for a new project? Dang thats got to be something to see. IS it a CC mega tree? Using CC for light strings? Bet if each was its own circuit you could make some neat effects. Please let us know when you have videos of your CC project posted. I think this is going to be something to see.

Jeffrey wrote:

Our Lowes received a pallet of Christmas stuff a week ago and I've been watching the inventory online ever since. This morning they went 75% off so I was there by 10 after 6. :D

Lowes.jpg

I think we are set with clear lights for the next few years. ;)

-Jeff

I am very jealous. I wonder if my Lowe's even had that many at the start of the season.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Christmas I have purchased... 4 18' boxes of green rope light for my windows, 3 18' boxes of red rope light for my porch columns, and 10 boxes of 25 count C9 led warm whites for my 14' blue spruce, all from Ace for $5.00 each totaling $85.00

Oh yeah and also from Ace I bought 3 36" Lighted christmas Balls for $10.00 each totaling $30.00

Next I bought 2 48" standing deer from Menards for $10.00 each for a total of $20.00

And just this morning I bought 8 boxes of 25 count C9 LED Reds also for my spruce on ebay for $12.50 each for a total of $100.00

Grand Total for lights so far... $235.00

Estimated cost of 2 More LOR controllers... $335.00

One season into it and already upgrading to 48 channels... Priceless

Jeff Millard wrote:

Bought more gas for the snowblower...

I thought your blower ran on your "natural" gas... ;)

72 - LED light strings, (red, blue, and white) during a post new-year one day sale. Now, I'm waiting on the spring sale to pick a couple more controllers and maybe a couple more CCR's. Still don't have enough lights :D