Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I suggest Xlights and its FREE! Another option worth looking into
  3. This was posted in my guestbook a few years ago. So, I do think also, that it makes a difference in some peoples lives. Wayne Comments: I first saw the house coming back from Xxxx Xxxxx. It moved me to tear's. You see ive had a really long road in the past 9 year's. I had given up at one point & didn't even look forward to Christmas. I didn't have one for over 8 year's. I didn't believe anymore that the Christmas spirit was real. Just all what people could get, instead of what they had already been given from the beginning. The night I saw the house , well we drove by 5 time's . I cried every time. Not of sadness, but sheer child like excitement & amazement. That night we put up the first Christmas tree ive had in 9 year's. People just don't realize how Christmas light can re-cenddle & inspier the meaning, love, & perpouse that is the Meaning of Christmas! Hope Every-one has a Very Blessed Christmas!
  4. I just didnt like S5, i prefered having the older style visualizer,, easier to design props. I went back to S4.3
  5. Jim, we set the thing up last nite to come off the LAN and then to the switch and then to the pixcon. Jim, I'm out tonight but when I get home I am going to send you some pics of what we set up on the PC. When you have time no hurry, but could you look at my configuration and comment?
  6. Phil good point about pro upgrade thank you
  7. Based on our phone call last night, I thought you were using E1.31 - NOT ELOR for the PixCon. Everything we set up last night was for E1.31. You can have ELOR networks in addition to E1.31. E1.31 would connect to your "normal" computer LAN and the silver RJ-45 on the Pixcon.
  8. No, I dont think I truly understand the unit I'd. I did mention that I was coming off a switch so I'm using the serial port, going to a switch then out to the 2 pistons. The RS485 will be used later for the ac controller s. Right now I'm just trying to get my feet wet with the pixels.
  9. I think a renewal will get you to S5, but you could always run S4 if you wanted to. If it were me , I would also get the upgrade to pro as it brings many advantages particularly for pixels.
  10. I'm looking for any of the Pentatonix sequences as well. Regular LED sequences -- not pixels or RGBs (that's too fancy/costly for me). Thanks in advance!, -- the5prescotts@gmail.com
  11. Yesterday
  12. Using S3 right now but looking at S4 or S5 upgrade. I don't know which one, but this will be my last upgrade ,what would you suggest thank you
  13. We are set up in ELOR Regular com 3. 1000k EnhANCED. DMX Universes 1 thru 8. Ip address of 192.168.0.51. Right now both of the lights on the board are solid. The subnet mask is showing 255.255.255.0 I dont even know what that means. Pixel port setup is 1thru 8 ports are also 1 thru 8 starting universes. Start channel is 1. 150 pixels each end universe is 1thru 8. When I put a random butterfly effect on the matrix s5 software. I can see it in the preview but it doesn't playback on my pixel display. I hope I gave you enough info so you know what's wrong. If you need more ask away. Thanks in advance. P.s. I'm using the serial port out of my windows 10 PC. To a switch then out to said pixcon16's.
  14. Are you using the pixcon.for the matrix? If so, could you tell me how you addressed it and how to see it playback. I'm really out of options on how to see what I've done.
  15. I talked to him for quite a while last night on the phone. He is running it in E1.31 mode.
  16. Ai: i know what you mean. Approx 5 years ago while i was setting up my display an older Gentlemen pulled up in a mini van to tell me about my display, between puffs of oxygen from his tank he let me know my Display gave him 1 more reason to live another year, I have not seen the Man again but i will always remember 1 more year even though setting up takes time and a lot of PAIN. So don't think what we do does not matter it does to Somebody. Because it gave them 1 more Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  17. would really appreciate a copy Manderscout@gmail.com
  18. I've always wanted to sequence "Santa Clause is coming to town" and I saw mommy kissing Santa Clause last night". Has anyone here ever done these songs? they would be so awesome in a light show.
  19. Looking for some inspiration this year. Anyone willing to Share? I have several sequences to share also if anyone is looking for something specific.
  20. First off since you are using a Pixcon you didn't mention what mode, RS-485 or E1.31. Second, when a controller works in the HU (test mode) and not in the actual programming then 99% of the time it's your configuration. If using the Pixcon in RS-485 (LOR) mode are you aware of how the Unit ID's work?
  21. Thanks, I'm aware that it wont look right with the pixels on 2" centers for pictures but that's is not what I will be doing with these. Think Pink Floyd meets Christmas. My problem right now is playback to the matrix. I have yet to make that happen. I can get them to chase in the test program but cant make a sequence play back. So any input to that end would be helpful. I have over 6000.oo in new toys but not much tech knowledge to this end yet. I will get there eventually.
  22. The spec for the channel AMPS is at the back of the manual. 'It depends' on your assembly. A full, factory built heatsink has the most capability. A GEN 3 controller, has the much needed (for the sake of the loads electronics), Channel On/OFF mode (only) which is set in the HU. The relay method used is the totally safe way (to LOR equipment). You can control ANY voltage or current or frequency that accepts a simple power ON-OFF with a relay with a coil voltage that matches the controller. (you can control AC loads from a CMB24 via a relay with a DC coil of the voltage your controller uses)
  23. Thanks for sharing Al. I too have had a similar story shared to me. But I didn't know the family. They left a letter in my mailbox a few years back about the passing of her father. The letter stated that our show had her father's favorite songs in it and helped her through the first year without him... She specifically mentioned Amazing Grace. Thinking about it - I might just have to dust that one off again and update it to my current setup.
  24. One bit of advice I wanted to give about uploading pics to your matrix. Keep in mind that most phones or even pics downloaded from a computer are HIgh Def with several hundreds to thousands of pixels. When importing a pic to your matrix of only about 500 pixels, it will be very distorted and pixelated. I have a matrix on my roof that is 126 wide by 63 tall and to help make the pics look better, I use a program called Paint.Net to draw or modify the pics I use. I set the canvas size to the same size as my matrix that way every square I paint on the program then corresponds to the same pixel on my matrix. Jim is very knowledgeable with setting things up, but if you still have questions, ask away. I do use several Pixcon16's in my set up and could possibly help as well.
  25. Hey man, Check out this video I made a bit ago about how to hook up a fog machine to a LOR controller. The concept will be the same for a snow machine. Here is a link to a relay you will need. It is identical to the one I used in the video except it has an input of 220V instead of a 110V. https://www.amazon.com/Electrical-Buddy-JQX-13F-General-Purpose/dp/B07M85MYS6/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=220v+dpdt+relay&qid=1558791171&s=gateway&sprefix=220v+DPDT&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1 For wattage it all just depends on how many amps the snow machine will be drawing. The CTB16PC can handle 8 amps per channel. 1760 watts
  1. Load more activity