Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Yesterday
  2. gsmith37064

Chase 1 Pixel on Wireframe Christmas Tree

I can also send you the prop model if needed.
  3. gsmith37064

I sent you a couple screenshots of the prop to your email. It's a custom built prop with 48 pixels. Nothing really fancy.
  4. Box on Rails

If It doesn't display anything using the Single Block the way I described, then the prop Set up is the issue. Post a picture of the prop definition page if you could. That will give me an Idea of what changes need to be made. Kenny
  5. Last week
  6. gsmith37064

I have decided to leave it channel level. I have spent half a day now trying to get it to look the same and decided I have spent way to much time on it. This seems to be the norm with motion rows.
  7. Try "Scanner" with a tail length of 1. Most of the other motion effects don't work with a very small number of pixels.
  8. gsmith37064

I have tried that. Nothing displays which I thought was odd. Some effects I expected to see something, if even just a blip, but nodda.
  9. Box on Rails

Try the Single Block Motion effect? Set your direction and then set the head length to 1, body length to 0, tail length to 0 and the rest of the input variables are set to default. I just tried it on my leaping arches and it did a single pixel chase just fine. Kenny
  10. I have a wireframe Christmas tree (48 pixels) that I want to use a MOTION ROW to chase a SINGLE pixel from starting point 1 to ending point 48. I have been playing with the straight line effect and I have the tree broken into two halves. A left side model (24 pixels) and a right side model (24 pixels). Only thing is the speed maxes out at 50 and the pixel does get it all the way up before the right model kicks in. The left side model moves the pixel upwards and the right side model moves the pixel downwards. I have spent that last hour trying to turn the channel level into a motion row. Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?
  11. Steven

Help with a new direction, please!

In case it wasn't clear from the previous comments: The S6 Sequencer is just the S5 Sequencer with bug fixes and added features. There is no learning curve between the S5 Sequencer and the S6 Sequencer. At this point, there is no reason to use S5, just go directly to S6. As you probably noticed, the S6 show player will still play S4 *.lms files. This means you can convert the sequences one at a time. However, since you can't (easily) have S4 and S6 installed on the same computer, if you need to edit your S4 sequences, you need to have S4 installed on a separate system (or VM) if you need to make a minor change without converting the sequence to S6. It has been a while since most of us did the S4 -> S5 (or S6) conversion. I don't remember the problems I had, but I do remember that I needed to make a good Preview before things worked the way they should. This was mostly because I never made a Visualizer in S4. Most everyone who has moved from S4 to S6 has no regrets, even people like me who still are mostly AC with non-enhanced networks. (I also have a pixel tree.) One nice feature I used last year was when a triac failed, I just moved the prop to a spare channel and changed it in the preview. The show player automatically updated all of my 2 dozen sequences. If you have thought of configuring an AC prop with red, blue, and green lights as an RGB channel, don't. I did that, and it was a bunch of trouble, involving multiple previews and copy/paste to fix it.
  12. Well, that's the one I was talking about. I don't think it's the one the OP was after.
  13. sfd45182

Over the wifi Sequence editing ?

Serial to Ethernet is in the ball park of what I am trying to do.. A sequence won't play without the control panel running a Universe, so can I run Sequence editor from a laptop and connect to a Control Panel on the Server. I want the server to run the show and be the Big Brain but I want to be able not only to edit but look at my lights running sequence editor off a number of devices.
  14. Get ready for the Light-O-Rama Sequence Madness Sale, kicking off Tuesday, March 19, as the NCAA tournament begins! How does Sequence Madness work? It's easy! Visit our home page to vote for your favorite sequences during each round of competition, then buy any of the 'knocked out' sequences during the next round of voting at a discount. The winning sequence will be available for purchase at 40% OFF for one day only on April 9!
  15. gsmith37064

looking for believe in holiday Sequences

Boy that spinner is so mesmerizing! Hoping to see more of it from you this season JR. I wish that was the song as I like it, but it's not. I got the MP3 from the link above and added it to my list. Just trying to decide if it's worth spending a month or two on.
  16. Good catch. I've never paid any attention to that (but I'm not using many AC controllers).
  17. PhilMassey

E1.31 Networks Freeze for about 1 second

The lighting network should be on a different subnet to the wifi.
  18. dibblejr

looking for believe in holiday Sequences

FF to about 11:50, is this the Believe being discussed?
  19. plwycoff

Upon examining my computer, I realized that the Wifi was not disconnected so it was probably providing interference. This was a computer that was used for general use including e-mail. I will be sure to turn it off next season and see if that fixes the problem. Thanks again for your help. Paul
  20. plwycoff

Thanks Phil and Jim for your thoughts. I am not running any other networks on this computer, but I have not looked to see if anything is running in background. I am running 31 universes on AlphaPix controllers. I suspect Phil is correct that the computer is running something in background. I will check the computer, but I can't see if I fix the problem until next season, Thanks again for your help. Paul
  21. Jeremiah Ackermann

Honestly I am not sure you know what you are asking for. Just do a network share of LOR folder on your LOR Server. You can open the sequences from your laptop and edit them no problem. No need to worry about the serial Entec Pro. I would call that active editing, but like others, I assume what you really want is live playback while editing and not just the simple preview. Perhaps trying out changes with a moving head? If that is what you want (which could have been asked much more clearly), there are different ways to accomplish that but they all have cons because it’s serial communication. The easiest is what was already recommended, just plug the serial adapter into your laptop instead. This is honestly the best answer for cost and simplicity. The next easiest would be to use that shared network folder from the server and have the server computer play the file. The file could be added as an override sequence in the S6 show player and triggered via the mobile app, open sound control (OSC), or from the REST API. The con is obviously having to save the file first, trigger it, wait for playback file to regenerate, and then see the whole file play rather than a just portion. The next option I can think of is getting something like Lantronix boxes for the serial data to go over the IP/Ethernet network. You would need two Entec Pros and three boxes (each computer and another for going back to serial out to your DMX devices). There could be conflicting data though if both computers are trying to send that serial data at the same time. https://www.lantronix.com/resources/networking-tutorials/device-servers-tutorial/
  22. PhilMassey

I don't think your thread is going to get cluttered up any more. It's quite some time since I saw any less appreciation toward members trying to help.
  23. sfd45182

Phil, The server, and the laptop is on the same network. (they could be two miles or two feet it does not matter) I want it that way, that's why I have everything connected the way I like it at the end you figured out the question but did not answer it. Ugh ☹️ Ducks, I don't want to Remote. I need to repeat this I am not looking for Remote Desktop. How can I connect to the LOR-Controller (software) on the server using sequence editor (Software) on my laptop so that I can actively edit sequences as if I had the DMX-Enttec connected to my laptop ???????? I know this may not seem nice but I am really trying to keep people who don't have an answer from just wondering in my thread. Merry Christmas Mother Truckers
  24. TheDucks

Is latency an issue for an edit? If the Server is Windows PRO, i has Remote desktop connection standard. Note: The 'server' is now the EDIT PC, and is doing the heavy lifting in this mode. RDC clients are free and available for many OS (but not OLD, like XP), The client is just a terminal, so it does not need to be special. RDC also allows file transfer, so you could work local and the move the file to the 'server' for actual use.
  25. Hope I posted this in the right spot but need to unload of all my stuff since I have moved and downsized. Complete light show and everything you need to get going. Light O Rama 16 Channel controller with everything you need to get going. Three 50Watt floods for Light O Rama. One output bad but if you make it the third in line will work. 30 plus strands of LED Lights. A full bin of various length extension cords. Cords alone about $300 plus value. Well over $2,000 in lights, controller and cords. Would even throw in some sequences. Well over 2k in cords lights controller etc. Mostly LED lights. Near Hagerstown, MD, but would deliver within 150 miles for a small fee. Total Package $1,400.00 https://studio.youtube.com/video/nUi0rru1nIQ/edit
  26. PhilMassey

How far from the laptop to the server and to the fixture. It might help if you provide more details on what you are controlling and your layout. Why the remote server. It sounds a little superfluous Why not connect the Entec to the laptop and use the dmx transmitter to connect from the Entec to the fixture. What you are asking for is a way to control one pc from another. That usually adds too much latency to be a pleasant experience, although there may be some way to do it if you throw enough money at it.
  27. sfd45182

I am running all DMX equipment right now and I have what I call my LOR-Sever -that has the DMX-Enttec USB Pro running a little antenna on Universe-3 How can I connect to the LOR-Controller on the server using sequence editor on my laptop so that I can actively edit sequences as if I had the DMX-Enttec connected to my laptop ????????
  1. Load more activity