Light-O-Rama Forums

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Remember to FUSE your PI lead. I recommend using the same fuse size as on the Pixies Port. 22-18 Ga wire can get red hot with a short on a system fed from the larger (10A> )supplies we use. Inline Automotive blade fuse holders can be found in bulk at Amazon
  3. Today
  4. Love to have a copy please Thanks again pickle24u@aol.com I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share.
  5. May I have a copy Thanks again pickle24u@aol.com I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share.
  6. May I have a copy Thanks again pickle24u@aol.com I agree to not sell or share this sequence with anyone. This request will be used for my private, personal use on my show only. I also understand the mere fact of making changes to the borrowed sequence and pasting it in to my sequence does not make it mine to share.
  7. Thanks for the link. Looks like I need a high speed red adapter.
  8. 1- I have 157 nodes on my longest run with a pixie8 with no pi. Been running on third season no failures. 2- Pi- no company is going to recommend pi- liability. 3- IMO - stay away from Ray, if he changes something in his stock and you order the same item and they don’t fit you get hosed. Not worth all the back and forth. 4- all pixies can power up to 170 nodes. PI May or may not be required. Testing your situation and pixels is the only true way to determine this. PI nodes does not feed back to the controller if done CORRECTLY. 4- distances from controller to the first pixel has increased dramatically from when I beta tested the Pixie16 to the latest version however in all cases the distance was underrated. From any business point of view its better to air on the side of caution then to say so thing like, you can have 80’ from controller to first pixie. Then someone comes along and says “ mine can’t light correctly at 40’”, it all depends on the situation. As far as building they are all the same the only dif being which wattage of psus you use. I use more than I need so in the event I ever need to pi I can get it from the ps in the enclosure or place another ps close to where needed. JR
  9. *Each Pixie4/8/16 controller port is fused at 4 amps and can typically power up to 100 pixels. More pixels on a port requires power injection that Light-O-Rama does not currently support. .... does this mean you cant power inject on any pixie controllers????
  10. As I mentioned above - if its a pixie16 you will be REQUIRED to have the red adapter and a Pro License. There is no way around it. If you have a pixie16 you will find my tutorial both written and video very helpful. If you have a black adapter you can configure and test the pixie16 however for a show you will need the red adapter. This will get you from box to lights as long as you do not skip around.
  11. Do you have a Red (HS) adapter. You will need one. period.
  12. This is a quick video of explaining how the Spiral effect was made. I also have included the .lee (SS Vis File) and a sample SS effects file. It might be easier to watch the video then experiment with an example. Hope these help. If not, let me know. Alan... Right Click, Save as 32 spoke prop sharpin.lee blade spinner sprials.sup (Sample SS effects file)
  13. Yes a pixel controller.. built a tree, well trying to. buddy of mine said this was plug and play feel like i jumped in without thinking this through. lol pro here we come.
  14. Weve all been there. What kit? If its a pixie controller you will need a Pro license and the red HS adapter. JR
  15. I just did the video. Going to eat and I'll post it tonight, soon. This effect is for my spinner. I will include the .sup and .lee files so you can see the video, then load it into SS and see it for your selfs. Hopefully this will be helpful for you. Alan...
  16. The short answer is - it's possible. My first suggestion would be to get a replacement USB to RS485 adapter. Even if you don't need it, having a spare USB to RS-485 adapter is likely the most important spare part to have because without a working adapter, you have no show. The most likely failure is with the RS-485 chip on the the CMB24 and the flood. That's an educated guess BTW. If it is the chip, it can be replaced.
  17. You and I both. Took Alan a few hours, we gotta step up our game. LOL JR
  18. I have spent 4 days trying to get that blasted spinner going and learning S5. But I am onboard!
  19. Can you use a picture like in the video? Alan used a gif of a picture similar to his avatar pic. JR
  20. Thanks Alan. That is one of the best tutorials around. Much needed to get my feet started with S5. Breaking it down to 50's is a great way of thinking as I get ready to convert my faces to RGB. Wish I knew someone with a machine local I could take them to and have them cut the pixel holes in my coro. Any recommendations of the type of business that may have one of those cutters? I tried sign shops last month, none around here. I'm gonna lay my current props minus the led lights on my new coro and mark with a sharpie at 2" on center and drill away. Got me some10mm color coro coming in from Canada so that my props will look like something on the day time. Now we gotta get Greg on board. LOL JR
  21. @default Can you do a video on getting the galaxy spiral on it? That is the one effect that I am after and can't figure it out.
  22. Pixels and Enhanced mode = PRO Advanced would run Pixels, but not enhanced mode
  23. Do I have this right? The 50W flood is on the same LOR network as the CMB24 (dumb controller) . You cut the Floods AC cord (ONLY)? I was going to say No, but then I came up with a really off the wall scenario : You cut the Green and white before the black. The black connected to th LIGHT SIDE green for an instant. As I said OFF THE WALL
  24. HA! That's my tombstone spinner that looks like a snowflake at night.
  1. Load more activity