Light-O-Rama Forums

Most annoying thing to program?

DisneyMatt10

I use a computer and I let the show randomly select with song will play, since my show usually repeats 3 or 4 times depending on the day of the week, each show isn't exactly identical with the same song in the same spot each time.  

Just my preference though. 

And I have it set so that the same song can't be played back to back or repeated until all songs in that show portion are played, then next show starts, it cycles all over again with songs randomly played.  

I do this mainly for my Halloween display, my Christmas show I usually try to have the songs play in a specific line up, then repeat.

• Like 1

DELETED ~ DUPLICATED POST {See Above Post}

Edited by Orville
Post Saved Twice for some oddball reason...only submitted ONCE!

If you're using a computer to run your show you select those options in the "Show Editor" where you set up and load in your sequences, then save your show, then use the "Schedule Editor" to load the file you saved from the Show Editor software, then in the Schedule Editor you set the time frame for when each show will run.   Once you have that all set, you just enable the schedule from the LOR light bulb on the task bar and let it do it's thing when it's supposed to.

So yes, it's all part of the LOR Software Suite.

• Like 1

^ Awesome!! Thanks for the heads up! I haven't yet made it that far into setting up a show, I'm still in the sequencing phase! But once I get there I'll be sure to set it up as you described so I can have a bit of "randomness" to the show! 

~Matt

Just so you know, you can create different shows by saving with different names from the Show editor.  

So if you wanted one show on one night to run in random mode, you could do that, then another night if you wanted to run them in alphabetical or numerical order{if you use numbers in front of your sequence files}, you can do that too, then again you can set up a 3rd night where you run the sequences in any order you set them up in by moving them around in the Show Editor using the +/- keys and saving it.

Example: 

Show 1 - Monday night, random, your show file could be named "randomshow", which you'd load into the Schedule Editor and set the time slot{s} for it to run.

Show 2 - Tuesday night, alphabetical or numerical, your show file could be named "alpha" or "alphanumeric", and do the same as above with the Schedule Editor.

Show 3 - Wednesday night, your specific listing of how you want the sequences to play, file name could be "myshow", again, do the same in Schedule Editor to set it up.

And not only that, you could use all 3 of these shows on the same night, with show 1 being from 7pm-8pm, show 2 from 8pm-9pm and show 3 from 10pm-11pm, all set in the Schedule Editor..

Once you get into the Show Editor and Schedule Editor and start playing around with them, you'll see there are all kinds of possibilities in ways to run your shows.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...

Well, after spending the majority of today working on a Lady Gaga song for our Halloween show. . . I think I have officially found the most annoying thing to sequence. I usually enjoy most Lady Gaga music, but the song I picked was about to drive me insane!! She kept screaming the same 3 words over and over and over and over and over for a good 30 second, and I about screamed!! I don't think using noise canceling headphones helps any either, because her screaming was all I could hear. . .

Yeah, it's time to take a break from that song. Thankfully I got all of the vocals done, and now it's just going back and filling in the back ground music. Oh. Joy. :rolleyes: 

Edited by DisneyMatt10

4 hours ago, DisneyMatt10 said:

Well, after spending the majority of today working on a Lady Gaga song for our Halloween show. . . I think I have officially found the most annoying thing to sequence. I usually enjoy most Lady Gaga music, but the song I picked was about to drive me insane!! She kept screaming the same 3 words over and over and over and over and over for a good 30 second, and I about screamed!! I don't think using noise canceling headphones helps any either, because her screaming was all I could hear. . .

Yeah, it's time to take a break from that song. Thankfully I got all of the vocals done, and now it's just going back and filling in the back ground music. Oh. Joy. :rolleyes: 

I have many of those experiences. I usually work on several sequences at a time so when I get annoyed, frustrated or whatever I can step away to another sequence. Last year my wife wanted Faith hill Where are you Christmas, Faith Hill never takes a breath so I couldn't cut the song up and get a good match. It took me 7 days to get it done, of course I had many others at the same time. Like you I wanted to scream, I had whiskey instead.

I just finished Zombie Jamboree today and it was a fun catchy song. A lot of parts. Enjoyed it.

JR

• Like 1

Did Janson Aldean Dirt Road Anthem when did country start rapping in a song drove me crazy took twice as long to do had to stop  and start over and over raping not my thing

• Like 1