Light-O-Rama Forums

Stroke

Tony Hefner

Start is to hard sorying was if could i when try the some speach thremary.

the thramas thught this try hard want has onnc

lights off the just yers s

Tony,

I don't think I understand what you're wanting to say, but please keep trying. If you're recovering from a stroke, I know that many things get easier the more often you do them. We're here for you buddy and you know we'll do anything we can to help.

George Simmons

George

Yes I had a stroke.

I is like grade school again. the speech threrapist thought i might help.

words are missing very hard use mouse or key board.

wife said wont try so hard.

no new porgrams this year. but last years it be ok as long lights all on.

my 1st week all words i was asked try a say were all spelled YELLOW.

it took 25 min write is hope it was better.

wife is is thf lights is why brain is mad

Tony, I want to congratulate you on your attempt at and the determination you are showing to get back to some sort of normal state.

Keep trying as it is all practice.

I for one am rooting for you.

GO TONY, GO you can do it!

Tony –

The videos of your display look great! No need to change a thing for this year. And if you are not back to 100% when it comes time to set it up I am sure there will be lots of folks more than happy to help you get your display up and running. Don’t hesitate to ask.

You are in our thoughts and prayers – stay strong and keep plugging away!

- Dave

Hi Tony,

Good to hear from you again! I'm a hearing aid dispenser and of course I work with a lot of older people. Strokes and older people go together so I've seen quite a few. I'm certainly no expert, but it seems to me that those who are the most stubborn or those who fight the hardest are the ones who recover the best. So that means if you aren't already one of those, we've gotta make you into one.

There's people around here with all kinds of talents. Some of them are kind and they say nice things. That might cheer you up. Others are helpful and can think of practical things to say that might even be useful to you. Some are witty and sarcastic to help you laugh and keep your brain working. And believe it or not, there's even a use for those who hang around the forum and say things that make you want to do bad things to your computer monitor - those folks can help keep your juices flowing So we've got it covered - you just let us know what you need and I'm certain you'll get more back than what you had in mind.

And hey - I'm sure your wife is a great lady, but I hope she's wrong about your lights causing what's wrong with your brain. As close as some people in this hobby are to insanity to begin with, that's a scary thought. Keep us informed how things are going.

Guest Don Gillespie

Tony your display looked great, a stroke is something I do not wish on any one, my Dad had a stroke when I was 13, god rest his soul. I know that you are going to do great becuase I do not see any quit in you I hope you are strong enough by Nov to put up some lights I think it will look good maybe LOR should have a contest for us older folks I would vote for you in a heartbeat keep on plugging away we are thinking about you up here in Canada

Tony,

Your display is great! No need to change a thing. Keep typing away and I am sure all will be here for ya. At this time you have come to spot that the simplest things seem to be the hardest. DO NOT let it get you down, you WILL persevere. Keep attempting things till you get it, Start small and work your way back to the top, we are all rooting for you!! If I can do anything for you, just let me know. And I mean that!!!

thanks all .

I am able walk some no driving no liftng.

no knive no stove

we good for money no trips year

54 think was not old

i will beat this

Tony Hefner wrote:

thanks all .

I am able walk some no driving no liftng.

no knive no stove

we good for money no trips year

54 think was not old

i will beat this

Hey - driving is over-rated... wasting gasoline... having to avoid road kill... if you can get others to wait on you who needs it?

Who needs knives? We're men, damn it! Our ancestors got us here by ripping their meals apart with their bare hands and teeth. If they can do it so can we!

One of the best ways to STAY good for money is by not taking trips, you know. I wish Sharon and I were following that advice.

You're right, 54 isn't particularly old. I'm gonna be 58 in a few days. I had a heart attack when I was 41. That wasn't particularly old either. It will make you appreciate each day a little more, I'll tell you that...

You're damn right you'll beat it, or else I'll personally find someone who knows someone near you to go over there and kick your ass.

You're damn right you'll beat it, or else I'll personally find someone who knows someone near you to go over there and kick your ass.

Or we can plan a road trip and come over and do it ourselves. :P

Tony;

Your doing great! Keep it up.

I enjoyed the videos of your 2009 display. My favorites are Hallelujah and Music Box, although all are fun to watch.

I look forward to the day when you can sequencing lights again. Judging from your state of mind, I don't think it will be too long coming.

Bruce

• 2 months later...

hello everyone.

i am still here. I am moving much better and doctors have left go to work some.

My right hand is hard to use but is improving. Speech is better but writing and reading is very bad.

I have plenty of help from neighbors. one has helped me with a JUMP pole.

Some how I going to sequenec nutrocker. That one one new show

My son in NJ is going to build be a a more controlers.

The show go will going this year.

Thanks George and all

And now we have a torando warning. going to basement now.

Tony Hefner wrote:

Some how I going to sequenec nutrocker. That one one new show

Hi Tony,

Good to hear from you again. I hope you didn't get sucked up by the wind.

You didn't mention which version of Nutrocker you wanted to sequence. I've done the 2001 Space Odyssey / Nutrocker version by Philharmonic. I don't usually share sequences but if you'd like to use my version for some inspiration I'll be happy to make an exception. Let me know.

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Keep plugging away.

Hi Tony,

Great to see you on line and working, keep up the good work and also like to offer any help I can give with your display. When the time comes to start setup make sure you let us know a few days before, I am sure there are some people who would really like to come over and help out, just keep us posted.

Thank you offering George. It is the TSO white castle music. I really hope to do this myself. Im sure sure yours would be quite nice. It is something I need go help learn how to learn all of this again. At I time to to this.

We had some high winds no damage. When I when to to basement I did not think I am on a laptop all could have taken with me.

• 4 months later...

Well The lights are all most done. its been a task but worth it. did not get any new sequences for this year. but will try for next year. Wanted to thank everyone there kind words were worth it. And to let George and Roger the lights are up. can I did do a weber tree with monkmans portabe base.

Light o Rama's Kevin and Dans help getting a controller working i cant wait to how well it all works.

trying to post some pictures