Light-O-Rama Forums

C9 Controller Tester Thread

jim6918

I was bored at work one day and went way back in the old threads, and stumbled on a thread about home built 16 bulb C9 controller testers. I thought I had saved that link but now can't find it. Things are slow around here and thought I would build a tester for the controllers. Esentially what I saw was a project box with 16 C9 bulbs sticking out the top in four rows of four bulbs, with 16 male pigtails coming out the side. Anybody remember this thread?

Could it have been over at PC?

I don't know how he did it, but the search here won't return much over about a month old.. So, google is your friend. Searching for [site:lightorama.mywowbb.com "test box"] returns the thread you are looking for as the first result. The quotes are important in that it causes it to look for that exact phrase, instead of just a document with those two words anywhere within the page...

If you have any questions about the box, just drop me a line. I know people have told me they would rather use night lights, but this was fun to build.

Just curious, is there any reason that you use C9’s instead of C7’s or even smaller and maybe paralleled some extra load resistance?

Or is this just what you had and it was quick and works fine?