Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR Shows

Guest guest

Ok, I am feeling really not so smart right now. I got my two boards wired up and plugged in and running (thanks Dan for the repairs). I tested out the sequences with some lights, and they run fine. So I went to see about setting up a show and scheduling it. I added the musical sequences to the show and saved it. I then loaded the show into the scheduler and set it to begin about 2 minutes later. Sat there and waited and nothing. Opened the help page, and made sure I was doingthings right, and still nothing. Now I know this has to be something I am missing. I am only trying to run a show with 2 musical sequences in it. I set the schedule to run it for 13 minutes. NOthing. Can someone provide me with some things I may be missing?

cghargis wrote:

Ok, I am feeling really not so smart right now. I got my two boards wired up and plugged in and running (thanks Dan for the repairs). I tested out the sequences with some lights, and they run fine. So I went to see about setting up a show and scheduling it. I added the musical sequences to the show and saved it. I then loaded the show into the scheduler and set it to begin about 2 minutes later. Sat there and waited and nothing. Opened the help page, and made sure I was doingthings right, and still nothing. Now I know this has to be something I am missing. I am only trying to run a show with 2 musical sequences in it. I set the schedule to run it for 13 minutes. NOthing. Can someone provide me with some things I may be missing?

Make sure the LOR Tray is running. (Not at home ... Look in the LOR folder ... Think it's called LOR Tray, or something close to it.) Then, make sure you have shows enabled.

I think there is something on this in the "Basics" part of the Wiki. Should be a flash animation, even.

See, I told you I was feeling stupid. Got the tray up and running and then everything worked as advertised. Thanks for the help here folks. It was nice to see things start to come together. Now I just need to figure out my X-10 outlets and getting the sequence set up for that.

cghargis,

Dont feel bad. I did the same exact thing the first time I tried running a show. I sat there for at least 45 minutes all confused trying to figure out why wont my show work. After I totally figured out schedular (making sure show enabled checked), then wow I saw flashing lights. But very glad you got it workin. Make sure you play with it now and get all your kinks worked out, that way you dont have any hickups come time lights are spose to turn on.

cghargis, I did the same thing last year. Everything was scheduled but nothing would work....after about a 1/2 hour I right clicked on the tray icon and the "enable shows" button was not selected

Funny thing, I have 2 computer and I was working on the one I am using for the show. After you guys got me straightened out, I did play with it for a few minutes, but called it a night. The next night, we were watching tv and a show started on theother computer. I had messed with it also and forgot to disable shows. freaked me out when the music started. Oh well, thanks for all the help guys.