Light-O-Rama Forums

Any way to turn a Vixen sequence in a LOR2 sequence

bisquit476

I was experimenting with Vixen and created a nice looking sequence, I like S2 better, but I like the sequence I did so is there any way to change the Vixen sequence into S2? I started to copy down the timings to use them in S2, did 1 channel, and wow, was that time consuming. So, any help...

Thanks,

Bill

LOR used to convert from Dasher files, but I think that's where it stopped. You might look at downloading the demo version of Light Show Pro to see if export to LOR is possible. I think it's still free for 30 or 45 days. There have been so many "Swiss Army Knife" additions to LSP that I've lost track of what's possible and what's not.

I sent Bill a PM, but I was just over at the feature section of LSP, and it appears that LSP can import Vixen files and export as LOR-S2 files. Though I haven't read as to how well LSP actually does this. A search of their forums over there or at PC will most likely yield an answer.

I use LSP to convert Animated Lighting, Aurora and the odd Vixen sequence and then I put it into Lor 2.

You need to have Aurora and vixen loaded on your computer or LSP will not do anything. I should note that I have not converted any sequences for awhile so LSP may have changed that now.

The last time I used LSP I needed to download the other two software.

I just tried using LSP to convert my Vixen 2.5 sequences, but when trying to load them I've got no channels.

I tried one sequence attached to a Vixen profile and another flattened down using no profiles.

Both will import into LSP but there channel count remains at 0.

Any tricks on getting this to work?

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed Vixen 2.1 onto this machine, and opening up a 2.5 sequence did result in some lost information (channel names, mostly).

Anyway, it seems LightShowPro can understand the Vixen 2.1 sequence file however I'm still ending up with an *.lms file that LOR S2 won't open.

Whoever has a working method for converting a Vixen 2.1 or 2.5 sequence into a Light-O-Rama S2 sequence will be a lifesaver!

I can reconfigure the animation preview and set up the controller configuration, but its the channel data + names that I'm wanting to import.

I'm not sure if it is just me, but Vixen seems to be more accurate in displaying syncronised a virtual preview.