Light-O-Rama Forums

Arch Layout

shfr26

I am in the process on figuring out my 2010 setup. I am adding 4 arch's and am wondering in anyone has staggered them instead of placing them end to end ? I am thinking 4 arch's, "A" and" B" end to end and "C" and "D" end to end but start "C" in the middle of "A". If I can get my camera to work I will post a pic of what I mean, Cause I don't think I explained this very well and will totally understand if you do not get what I mean. If you do, any thoughts??
I will be using either 7 or 14 channels for this.

Thanks

I do 8 channel arches, 16 if I use 2 colors. Your layout would look nice.

I am a firm believer that the layout is only half the display, the sequencing is the other half. The best shows IMHO ramp in and out rather than flashy flashy.

Solder On Dude!

Here is a pic, thinking about either 7 channels for A and B and 7 for C and D or just 7 all together.

Attached files 200904=11167-Archs.jpg

Just so that it is more evened out how about three arches in the back A,B,C and two more in the front offset like you already have consisting of D,E.

A,B,C could all be linked together like you want having three arches bounce at the same time. Then D,E could do the same. Using 14 channels total.

If you want each to do it's own thing then you will need 35 channels for 5 arches consisting of 7 segments.

I like the idea of 3 and 2, much better than mine idea. Keep the thoughts coming please.

shfr26 wrote:

I like the idea of 3 and 2, much better than mine idea. Keep the thoughts coming please.

I am actually doing 4 "Mega" arches and then within each of the 4 "Mega" Arches I will have 2 "Mini" Arches (for a total of 8 "Mini" Arches).

But I also like the 3/2 concept..could be very interesting...

One thing you could do with 4 arches, especially if you are on a slope, is to lay them out in a diamond. Then you can bounce them around in a loop...

The diamond suggested by KLB is a neat idea. Still I think I like the 3-behind-2 (or vice-versa) approach. Might lend itself toward looking like waves/water if sequenced right. [Just use a few segments at the the tops as George does, and flow (ramping/fading) left to right, or ramp up the fronts while fading the backs. Lotsa possibilities. You could always do "I Saw Three Ships Come Sailing In" this year (perhaps Nat King Cole).

Cray

I'm looking at doing something similar this year. My current plan is to do 7 mini arches (~7' long) with 5 channels per arch. I'll have a row of 3 in front and a row of 4 in back.

I'm going to start with them at the front of our display. But if the arches take too much away from our rope light trees, we might end up moving the arches closer to the house.

We got the idea from looking at this person's fence:

23456305000360-21084425.jpg

have 3 arches arch 1 and 2 are next to each other and arch 3 feeds off of arch one and two with a few extra channels of its own

T110431 wrote:

here is my arch idea

arch.bmp

that is similar to mine when I said "I am actually doing 4 "Mega" arches and then within each of the 4 "Mega" Arches I will have 2 "Mini" Arches (for a total of 8 "Mini" Arches), but my two "mini arches" inside my "mega arch" have independent channels from the "mega Arch". Minis have 5 channels each and the Mega has 9 channels. My arches are also between my 5 Mini Trees...

Attached files 200932=11170-Arches.bmp

jimswinder wrote:

T110431 wrote:
here is my arch idea

arch.bmp

that is similar to mine when I said "I am actually doing 4 "Mega" arches and then within each of the 4 "Mega" Arches I will have 2 "Mini" Arches (for a total of 8 "Mini" Arches), but my two "mini arches" inside my "mega arch" have independent channels from the "mega Arch". Minis have 5 channels each and the Mega has 9 channels. My arches are also between my 5 Mini Trees...

I count 6 & 10 to make a small and large arch. Am I mistaken?

I like the 3 - 2 idea also. I'd vote for seven channels per arch. Should make for some interesting patterns and effects. I'm looking forward to seeing a video.

Dennis Cherry wrote:

I count 6 & 10 to make a small and large arch. Am I mistaken?

If you are counting the arches that T110431 posted, then I think you are correct, but when I said "Minis have 5 channels each and the Mega has 9 channels" I was referring to my Arch layout.

Thanks for all the replies. All I have to do is make them and do about 20 new song, and redo all my old songs due to the added elements.