Light-O-Rama Forums

Cheapest led

TitusCarnathan

who has the cheapest leds price based cheapness ( not quaility cheapness)

I am planning on switching more towards the led side because I (as tim allen says) NEED MORE POWER and our circuit panel is out of breaker slots and I am not really in the mood to put up a sub panel rip the wall apart etc... since leds only use .004 amps to .007 amps unlike the incandecent at .4 amps. this will allow alot more leds but I cant really afford them for 20 buck a box like on some of those websits.:) does anybody know where I can get the cheap for under or around 5 bucks a set

You can get some cheap stuff direct from China depending on how much you want. Take a look here http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=led+string+light&CatId=0

It may be worth buying yourself a sample first before comitting to a larger sale. Im looking at getting 120 metres of RGB LED SMD5050 strip light for myself this year.

edvas69 wrote:

You can get some cheap stuff direct from China depending on how much you want. Take a look here http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=led+string+light&CatId=0

It may be worth buying yourself a sample first before comitting to a larger sale. Im looking at getting 120 metres of RGB LED SMD5050 strip light for myself this year.

Thanks for the link, have you bought from them before?
The shipping cost they list make the lights very expensive, if you bought from them what shipping cost did you experience?
$5.46 x 50 + $656.66 = US $929.66

I havent bought anything yet but have spoken to a few that have. Depending on who the supplier is depends on the shipping as it varies greatly and some seem to be wrong with multiple orders. You need to get a feel for it first by asking questions and seeing what response you get and even negotiating frieght costs, then possibly buying a few samples to get used to the process before comitting to a large sale.

I would exercise caution, while dealing with AliExpress (Alibaba).
There are many legitimate companies using AliExpress, however there are several,
that are scams. How do you determine which is which, I can not answer.
I would suggest running a google search on the company, to try to verify company.
The bad thing is that you give your credit card info, which is supposed to go in an escrow account, and no money is supposedly transferred, until you receive item(s).
Usually there is no tracking #'s to check on your package.

I have used ebay to purchase LED nets from China , using a reputable company, and have been very satisfied.
Cost plus shipping about $9.50 each.
Also with ebay you pay with PayPal, and if there is a problem, you get your money back from PayPal

I know it is too late for this year, but I would wait for CDI's annual sale...

At least you know what you are getting is a good product and if you do have any problems, Paul is more than willing to make it right.