Light-O-Rama Forums

Error

melmark4

Hi,

After downloading the lastest version on my main computer I get an error window when I open/start the Control panel. I do not have this problem on the laptop that I use to run the the lights

The main computer has never been hooked up to the controllers or run a show only the laptop. On the main computer I get the message.

Shows cannot be enabled because of an error. Open of serial port has failed.

Error.(8002) Open of serial port has failed.

Error.(8002) Com port error.

While: open Com/params bared=57600parity=ndata=8stops=1 x on= off dts=off=offidsr=off

While: open Com/params bared=57600parity=ndata=8stops=1 x on= off dts=off=offidsr=off

Trace: Init Light-O-Rama post/LOR ChannelO

Everything seems to run fine. If I unload Lor and click on Conrol panel to start/open up menu the error message doesn't appear. It only appears if I restart the computer.

Is this something to worry or fix or is it because I have never hooked up a controller to the main computer.

Thanks in Advance and Have a Safe St. Pats.

Mark

Guest wbottomley

melmark4 wrote:

Hi,

After downloading the lastest version on my main computer I get an error window when I open/start the Control panel. I do not have this problem on the laptop that I use to run the the lights

The main computer has never been hooked up to the controllers or run a show only the laptop. On the main computer I get the message.

Shows cannot be enabled because of an error. Open of serial port has failed.

Error.(8002) Open of serial port has failed.

Error.(8002) Com port error.

Trace: Init Light-O-Rama post/LOR ChannelO

Everything seems to run fine. If I unload Lor and click on Conrol panel to start/open up menu the error message doesn't appear. It only appears if I restart the computer.

Is this something to worry or fix or is it because I have never hooked up a controller to the main computer.

Thanks in Advance and Have a Safe St. Pats.

Mark

To stop the error, you need the usb adapter connected.

A show cannot run unless the adapter is connected.

If that pc is for sequencing only, the control panel is useless.

EDIT: this link (http://www.lightorama.com/w_faq-home.htm) will help you get started.