Light-O-Rama Forums

help needed

kissfan4

ok so recieved my controller the other day and assembled it no problem, got it hooked up to my pc and started the fun i got it work no problem. so i went and bought a netbook to program it when i go plaes since the netbook is so small. well i got it hooked up and throught the control panel i was able to test the circuits and they all work but when i go to run the sequence the lights wont work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is what comes to mind.

When you say control panel is this where you went into the hardware utility and did the test to see if the controller was working.

If so did you close the hardware utility before you tried to start the sequence.

If the hardware utility is open you wont be able to test your sequence.

Anthony

When using the hardware utility, a comm port was found that would control the hardware. Did you assign this as the default comm port? Did you tell the sequence editor to use the same comm port as the default port? Just cause you were able to use the H.U. to talk to the controller. You have to assign this as the default comm port or you need to define this port within the Seq. Editor.

Hope this helps.

Guest wbottomley

kissfan4 wrote:

but when i go to run the sequence the lights wont work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Program your channel config.

Go to tools>channel property grid.

kissfan4 wrote:

ok so recieved my controller the other day and assembled it no problem, got it hooked up to my pc and started the fun i got it work no problem. so i went and bought a netbook to program it when i go plaes since the netbook is so small. well i got it hooked up and throught the control panel i was able to test the circuits and they all work but when i go to run the sequence the lights wont work. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just a guess, but doubt it is this simple, but maybe...
Did you right click on the LOR light bulb down in your system tray and choose "enable schedule?" I believe only then can you run an actual sequence (but maybe that only applies to shows, not individual sequences). I run a mini-director so not the best source of help on this.

Or perhaps as simple as did you click on "Control Lights" under "Play" in the Sequence Editor?

Make sure you are not using the demo version because it will not control the lights.

Did you set Light-O-Rama Controller as the device type?

Attached files 200453=11151-Clip2.jpg