Light-O-Rama Forums

Cannot read version info

wallleyes

Send myself a sequence from my home pc to my work pc.It gives me an error...cannot read version info.It worked last week before i downloaded version 2.7.6.I just download this am on my work pc version 2.7.6 before i opened my lms file.Any ideas? Thanks

Can you please say exactly what the error message says, word for word?

Can you please send me a copy of the sequence file (bob@lightorama.com)?

It's possible that the file got corrupted while moving it from one machine to the other - perhaps try sending it again?

Bob

I see the problem as i was going to send it to you.It says 0kb for file size.The message it gives me is.....cannot read version number from file C:

I will look at it at home after work and see what happened.

Bob

The problem is i am sending it to a pc at work that has the demo software on it.I sent the exact same file to another pc at home that i used one of my license on and it opened up just fine.I thought it should do everything but run the lights on a non registered pc?

I don't think the demo software has anything to do with it. If the file is 0 kb, that means it was not successfully copied from one machine to the other. I would suggest trying to copy it again.

Bob,

Have restrictions on using the demo version been eased, or is he going to have issues if he does work on the demo, then tries to continue his work on the licensed version at home? Seems like I remember the demo wrote encrypted versions that when opened elsewhere would not support copy and paste....

I have it figured out.It worked and showed 1.11mb sending it to another pc at home.It worked sending it to a pc at work with the outlook express email.It didnt work sending it to my company email.It took the data out of it.Problem being company email doesnt want me to do anything but work:( I sent myself a copy i started at work last week to my home pc.Your right klb it would not let me copy and paste even on my licensed version at home.But it did let me keep adding to it.These license seats go fast as i have already used 3 of them now.Thanks for the help guys.

Increasingly corporate email systems are wary of attachments. Seems like about the only way I can send attachments to my coworkers is inside a password protected ZIP file...