Light-O-Rama Forums

I am so tired of this !!!

Denise Brunner

I HATE upgrading equipment !!!! Bought new laptop since old one fried. New HP running Windows 7. Loaded LOR without a problem and Holiday Lights Designer. Both ran great !!! THEN I bought a new router (N). Major problems !!! on the phone with HP (since 3 other computers worked with the router fine) for 5 hours and had to recover back to factory out of box condition. Lost all my programs. Reinstalled both LOR and Holiday Lights Designer and now can not get them to see each other. Returned netgear router, and replaced with linksys router and now wireless router works fine. Still LOR and HLD do not see each other !!!!

HELP and frustrated !!

Hmmmm...What you have is NOT an HP problem....hate to say that...it's obviously a result of a new router...this can be anything from failure to hook it up right to an assigned IP within windows...some routers have different gateways...for instance Linksys might have 192.168.1.1...you go unplug it and have an assigned IP within that range on your pc and you hook it up to a Netgear...192.168.0.1 and you AIN'T surfin the information highway....

linksys router is working fine. Got the LOR and Holiday Light Designer talking, need to start in specific order. Thanks everybody for the help!!!:D The settings in LOR and HLD were fine, it just seems to be specific to what order they are run in.

Denise Brunner wrote:

linksys router is working fine. Got the LOR and Holiday Light Designer talking, need to start in specific order. Thanks everybody for the help!!!:D The settings in LOR and HLD were fine, it just seems to be specific to what order they are run in.

I think I have seen that in another forum.

First start LOR software then HLD

Then connect!

Thanks again everybody.... going to try to check it with a controller this weekend, don't expect any problems