Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini light color caps

Lloyd

Lloyd wrote:

Anyone have comments (good or bad) re using color caps on clear mini lights.

This is the software forum, but I'll answer anyway.

I build my own wireframes, and for years used color caps on the mini lights.

Now I use the color caps on M6 white LEDs on my wireframes.

So I have good comments

This the first time I have used the forum, will try and find the proper forum next time.

Many thanks for your reply, I wanted to hear from someone who has used them before I order a bunch.

It seemd to be a good way to be able to change lights for new sequences or even mix colors on the same string.

Lloyd

Lloyd –

Please don’t feel you were being chased away. This is not only a software forum! This category of the forum is General Decorating Questions. It has topics on arches, mini trees, blow-molds, strobes, etc. Please feel free to ask questions on hardware or software. Most of us are happy to answer.

And I appreciated your question as I have considered color caps myself. Thanks for bringing it up.

- Dave

Sorry I ddint mean to feel as if I was pushing anyone away. I guess I should have said that what I meant to say in my earlier post was that you might get more reponse over there at Planet Christmas.

Ricky

Actually, I must have missed it also, as I don't see anything relating too or stating software forum?

Thanks for the information regarding the color caps though, I have pondered these myself. How well do they hold up in the weather, also what is the color fastness regarding fading?

Thanks in advance for any information.

RickWIlliams wrote:

Actually, I must have missed it also, as I don't see anything relating too or stating software forum?

I think sometime during the afternoon on Wednesday, long after John B responded to Lloyd, the thread was moved to General Decorating Questions.