Light-O-Rama Forums

Shout Out to one of our own

cenote

Want to give my friend one of the biggest prayers tonight, Adam Canigiani.

His son has been fighting since birth with some sort of disease affecting his Kidneys. Tomorrow morning Adam will be giving one of his own kidneys to his 3 year old son, Adam Jr. Test went all good today, and surgery is a go, after weeks of delays. Here is a quote off of Adams Facebook tonight:

"We're almost there. Adam is about halfway through his first immunosuppressant and is sleeping comfortably on my shoulder. Transplant is a go for tomorrow morning. Stay tuned!"

Adam lives close by (within 2 miles), and has become good a friend of mine, only because of this LOR addiction and forums like this one. Some of you may know him, he is one of the crazies on here that light off fireworks with his displays.

I will post follow ups as soon as I hear something.

Adam, I prayer for you, your son, and the staff.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck for the heads up.

Adam and Jr, prayers to you both. Hope the operations go smoothly and you both recover well. A prayer that Jr's body accepts his fathers kidney.

Max

Thanks for the info Chuck, I will add that to my evening prayer when my head hits the pillow. Keeps us posted.

Rick

Dad Adam just posted on FB:

Woke up 20 minutes ago minus 1 kidney :D. Waiting for Adam jr to finish up now.

Don't you just love technology. Dad is at Univ. Penn and Jr. is at CHOP.

Chuck

More good news, JR came threw so far no problems. Transplant so far was successful. In recovery and awake. First words, "I wanna go potty"

Another update: Adam is doing fine, he's home. Adam Jr. is doing great. So far, so good on the transplant. Hoping to be home with dad on Wednesday.

Can't believe he hasn't posted on here...slacker

Just kidding, Adam...