Light-O-Rama Forums

different shows every night?

crackchecker

Does LOR software offer options for different shows each night? Lets just say I had a group of 10 songs made up but I only want to play 5 on Monday, 7 on Tuesday, and all 10 on Friday. Can this be done?

crackchecker wrote:

Does LOR software offer options for different shows each night? Lets just say I had a group of 10 songs made up but I only want to play 5 on Monday, 7 on Tuesday, and all 10 on Friday. Can this be done?

This can be done via the computer and the full director via the scheduler. Very easy to setup and do.

Harrison

Yes. There are two main portions to the Schedule Editor: "weekly" and "calendar".

"Weekly" allows you to schedule some shows on Mondays, other shows on Tuesdays, and so forth.

"Calendar" allows you to schedule shows for specific dates (and other shows on other specific dates).

Anything scheduled on the calendar schedule will take priority over anything scheduled on the weekly schedule.

You mentioned "full director". Is there a difference?

There are two different ways to schedule things: One is via the "Show Editor" and the "Schedule Editor", and the other is via the "Simple Show Builder".

The Simple Show Builder is designed to be easier to use, but only if you want your shows and schedule to run in a certain way.

The Show Editor and Schedule Editor allow more options, and are more flexible.

I have a different show every night. I just use the show editor to make a show for each night, then run the show schedular and schedule the show. Not hard to do at all.

• 9 months later...

bob wrote:

"Weekly" allows you to schedule some shows on Mondays, other shows on Tuesdays, and so forth.

Trying to figure this out myself last night ...

If I set up my show for the week does it repeat the same schedule every week until I turn it off or do i have to do it every week ?!

Thanks !

Dave