Light-O-Rama Forums

Recruit a newbie

toddmoon

I have had a friendly rivalry with a coworker with light displays. He has always had an excellent light display. Recently he has discussed with me the expense of his power bill.

I suggested to him that purchasing a LOR system would help him save on his power bill. I also offered to help him get started with setting up his system.

Does anyone else have someone who would benefit from animating there light show. There is no one near (within 100 miles who does this) me. He is my competition in one sense. The area has a local judging contest and he and I have taken turns winning #1 over the years. The last two years my use of LOR has put me over the top with the local contest. Having someone else doing animation in the area would be a nice addition and may inspire some others to join in as well.

Well I guess you can say I am a challenger of Holdman and Christmas Utah then, As they are the only ones within 100 miles of me. Dave Horting who lives north of me in West Haven (WestHavenLights.com) Has gone dark. Although I hope he was just taking a break for a year.

It was Richard Holdman's display that made me decide to animated. So I will give credit to him for me starting into this crazy oddesy. We do both live in the same state but we are more than 100 miles apart, more like 300. Richard has been very generous with his programming and has been great about answering questions.

Good morning

since you are helping the competition change to animation

you might think about parterning up for the local contest

same songs same times but with unique displays

enter as one big show

Frank A.:)