Light-O-Rama Forums

demo software

melmark4

Hello, While I have been waiting for the sale I have been learning the demo software. I have been able to save my work, up to now. Now the 'Save' or 'Save As' is grayed out. Since it is a demo can I only save a certain about?

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Well I see that a view have read about my problem. I also see that I am now unable to cut, copy or paste. Looks like I will lose all that time/work. Well not work seeing it is going to be a hobby. I have learned a lot and will be easier to redo once I get the hardare/software.

Later in Life,

Mark

Hi Mark, I have not heard of a time limit on the demo software (not that there isn't one).

I do know that the demo software locks the sequence to the PC it was created on. Are you opening a sequence that you created, and are you opening it on the same computer that you created it on?

melmark4 wrote:

Well I see that a view have read about my problem. I also see that I am now unable to cut, copy or paste. Looks like I will lose all that time/work. Well not work seeing it is going to be a hobby. I have learned a lot and will be easier to redo once I get the hardare/software.

Later in Life,

Mark

You should not loose anything you did with the demo version... One thing with the demo is that you have to stay on the same machine. Also there are some tools that only run in demo mode and once you use them you cannot save changes made.

If you are running on one machine with the demo software and cannot make/save changes then please let us know so we can fix things for you.

Dan

I have been using the demo for about a week on the same computer. Using one of my songs that I have been working on with out any problems wirh pasting or saving until today. Thought I had read in FAQ that it all could be saved and used later on the full version. Guess I'll email Support. Thanks to all for their comments and input.

Later in Life,

Mark

This will happen if you have used a feature that's in "demo mode", which means that you can use them just to see what they're like, but that you will be unable to save the sequence after doing so.

If you used one of these features, it should have given you a warning, and an option to back out, before the point of no return. It should have said something like:

Your license does not support this feature (Beat Wizard)

You may still use it, but only to see how it works; you will NOT be able to save the sequence after using this feature, nor will you be able to copy from it.

Are you sure you want to use this feature?

The "(Beat Wizard)" in that first line is just an example; there are several different things for which this warning should occur, not just the Beat Wizard.

Did you get a message like this at any point?

Oh, and assuming that you select "yes", to say that you do want to use the feature despite the fact that it won't let you save after you have done so, it should immediately give you an option to save your work so far before you actually use the feature:

The sequence has unsaved changes. Would you like to save them before using this demo feature?

Remember, you will NOT be able to save them after using this feature, so save them now if you want them saved.

Yep! Thats what I did, Bob. I did save my work like the window suggested. I am not on that computer right now but I know I open the Beat application. I also open something else that had the same windows/warnings. Thought I had or the application had closed itself. This self learning is not so easy for an old dog like myself. Thanks Bob and the rest for all the help. Look forward to getting this up and running before summer. After all its not just for Christmas anymore.

LiL,

Mark