Light-O-Rama Forums

New Measurement Computing USB-DIO96H, Does it work with LOR?

Guest guest

I need to buy a DIO board to interface with my existing PLC and ssr's to a computer running LOR. The new USB board (USB-DIO96H) by Measurement Computing looks nice but will it work with LOR. It says it sets up with Instacal. Thanks in advance for any help.

Mike Bagwell wrote:

I need to buy a DIO board to interface with my existing PLC and ssr's to a computer running LOR. The new USB board (USB-DIO96H) by Measurement Computing looks nice but will it work with LOR. It says it sets up with Instacal. Thanks in advance for any help.

I know that some folks have used Measurement Computing's USB-DIO cards with LOR. I do not the exact part numbers that they used but I believe there is little risk going with the USB-96H.

Thank for the advice Dan!

I bought the USB card today (8/30/06).:waycool: The USB card has a 30 Day Money Back Guarantee.:) If it works I won't be stuck using an older PC. The Card is selling for around $299.00. The output are 24mA source that can drive SSR's directly. It also has a Harsh Environment Warranty, meaning if it is damaged even due to misuse they will replace it for 50% off the current price of the card. :]

I will post the results of the USB-DIO95H working or not working with LOR.

Mike Bagwell wrote:

Thank for the advice Dan!
I bought the USB card today (8/30/06).:waycool: [snip] It also has a Harsh Environment Warranty, meaning if it is damaged even due to misuse they will replace it for 50% off the current price of the card. :]
[snip]

Looks like you can not go wrong. Don't know if you read the LOR warranty... We have a similar Harsh Environment Warranty.... LOR will replace a card/controller for 60% of the current price even if it is damaged due to misuse.

• 1 month later...

I did not know that Dan, that is Great news about the lor warrentee.

I finally got the USB-DIO96H, its was back ordered for one month. I installed the USB board on my computer and it works great.:waycool: It is a plug and play installation. It works fine with windows XP and windows 2000.

I talked with one of Measurement Computing's Engineers and they said that there could be a little delay if you use it going quickly, did this happen to you?

If so about how much delay?

Thanks

Matthew

I just got the DIO a few day ago. It seems very responsive to a little loop flicker program I through together in LOR. Electrically the LOR controllers communicate throught the USB connection until converted to RS485, so the USB-DIO should be about the same. I will check the delay out this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...