Light-O-Rama Forums

window chase

basic

hello all im new at this. i'm trying to do a chase on 4windows with 16 channels. How do I go about doing this? I tried to do a fade but it's going to fast. How can I make it go slower.

You need to fill in more cells.

Not knowing exactly how you are chasing, but for example, if you are filling in 4 timing cells and then another 4 timing cells on the next channel, increase it to 8 timing cells for each channel.

If it is still to fast, try 12 timing cells for each channel, and so on until you get the effect you want.

Hope this helps and makes sense.

If you only have one string of lights around the window, it won't chase (I don't believe). You would have to have multiple strings. There are single strands of lights that do have a "Chase Effect", but those strings have there own controller built into the strand.

Perhaps your idea of "chase" is different from mine.

How many strings of lights do you have around each window?

basic wrote:

[align=center]4 strings of lights on 4 windows==16 chan..[/align]

If you have 4 strings on different parts of the window (such as one on side, top, 2nd side, and bottom), then you would do something like this to get the lights to chase around the window. You can lengthen how long each light string stays on and fades. To slow down the chase you would change how much each fade overlaps the one below it.

Attached files 198820=11085-chase.JPG