Light-O-Rama Forums

Jury of my peers

shfr26

Have been working on a new element for my display and would like your opinion please. I ran it by a few trusted and intellegent friends before posting here. Let me know what you think as long as you are not too harsh. I cry easy. Sorry about the quality, but you should get the general idea.

Thanks,

http://vimeo.com/9400631

The timings are not exact yet, just a trial run.

It was a very smart person that said to post this, I hope he is right!

ItsMeBobO wrote:

That looks great ! What are you going to call it?

Not sure why you would be shy about showing your tree of trees to us.

How about LMN tree, My dear watson.

I like it!! It's unique.

I have been racking my brains out since seeing the Weber Tree trying to think of something unique to do this year...

Got nothing so far.

Guess I will just have to continue to rip off all the great ideas from you geniuses!!

Hi Pete

I would not put that in front of your house

You should put that in front of mine

Great idea ---- wheels be turnin' big time

the possibilities are endless for mixing and matching

Impressive does not come close

Frank A.

I am moving my son right now,, will post other pics later and explain everything. Thanks for the vote of confidence

I like it!

What if all three levels were composed of the same number of triangles? 3 levels of 5 would give you additional patterns as well as being able to use the basic tree form. Channel 16 could be a Star at the top.

Just a thought...

Hi Pete,

Great idea! I've been working on something using a few mini trees upside down but it's nothing at all like your creation. I never thought of sequencing Iron Butterfly either...

George Simmons wrote:

I never thought of sequencing Iron Butterfly either...

ok...who is going to be the first to sequence that 11 minute drum solo??? LOL

EDIT:

Hmmmmm...actually this sounds like it could be kinda fun.

Not like I have anything to do this summer!!

shfr26 wrote:

How about LMN tree,   My dear watson.

Can't let that one go without a comment. :)
First you tell us that people, other than us, are intelligent and then you test us to see if we can figure out elementary. hmmm?

very interesting. that will open up alot of new patterns to play with for you. love the creativity!!! and i was happy with my 7 new mini trees on the ground this year! that gave me an idea for the haunted house, thanks.

ItsMeBobO wrote:

shfr26 wrote:
How about LMN tree, My dear watson.

Can't let that one go without a comment. :)
First you tell us that people, other than us, are intelligent and then you test us to see if we can figure out elementary. hmmm?

One of my intelligent friends was somebody that has already posted. Not a big hint , but he HATES LED's. And the name is still up for grabs.

shfr26 wrote:

One of my intelligent friends was somebody that has already posted. Not a big hint , but he HATES LED's. And the name is still up for grabs.

Oh come on..we need more hints!! Like his initials (I.E. JM) lol

For the name how about "T Squared" (TT = Triangle Trees)

Thank you all for your kind words, I ran it by the other people to get a general idea before I went to the forum, did not want to post something that was not at least a halfway good idea.

J-Plak,

Yes it does break down. All the trees are zipped to the frame, the frames will be bolted together. This way you can take the frame apart and take the trees off the frames. I used 1x2 pt for prototype and it seems to work pretty well.

George,

I do not have a clue why I picked Iron Butterfly, But what the heck it seemes to work for me.

Redbirdruss,

I did this config to maintain the shape of a tree, unless I am reading your post wrong.

I only did one channel per tree using 400 multi colored mini's, I do not have enough channels to do more. I thought about going larger at the base, but then It would use more than I can spare. Same goes for doing different colors on each tree. This year 9 channels, nine trees , next year, who knows. Once again, thank you for your kind words.

Its meBobo,

The reason I put that in there was cause I asked my wife what LMN tree was and she said, "That must be lemon tree"

Attached files 198778=11081-POMP 058.jpg

Curious if anyone remembers this from Zack Cutt,(If ya do a search on the PC forums you may find it) about 4 or so years ago. His was almost identical to this one.
I really liked the idea, and puzzled at the time why no one incorporated it into there shows.
Not saying by any means that you stole the idea, just pointing something out!

Cant wait to see it in a show.

Roman

Now that I look at it again his did not have the upside down trees, would look kinda cool to sequence them to look like there falling down.

Last edit I promise!
Just found his video!

Right around 2:48 you can see more of a close up of them!