Light-O-Rama Forums

Copying multiple channels to a new track

kzaas

How can I copy multiple channels to a new track when I create one? Currently I have all of my channels in one track and I think for future programming it would be easier if I seperated items out such as my mega tree and minitrees and stuff like that. Instead of reconfiguring each channel or copying each channel one by one, I'm sure there has got to be a way to copy multiple channels at one time. Anyone know how?

No way at present (except maybe with an XML editor and a lot more knowledge and guts than I have) to copy or move more than one channel at a time. Unless you're keeping a "master" track, moving the channels might be a better option than copying. Right-click on the channel name and you can access either the copy or the move option.

jimswinder wrote:

You could also "Duplicate Track" then delete the channels you don't want.

Good idea, I'll try that first. Thanks

You also could leave all your channels in one track, and just change the timings when programming those channels.

That is much faster and easier, if your main concern is the timings being used by those channels...

Greg

Greg Young wrote:

and just change the timings when programming those channels.

You can change timings of individual channels?? Whenever I have changed the timings, it has always done it for all channels contained in that track.

Am I not doing it right?

You can change timings of individual channels?? Whenever I have changed the timings, it has always done it for all channels contained in that track.

You can't change the timings of an individual channel, but you can make a whole bunch of different timing grids (i.e. different sets of timings), and switch between which one any particular track is using at any given moment pretty easily (via the dropdown list next to the "Timings" button on the toolbar).

If the only reason you use multiple tracks is to support different sets of timings, I think you might find multiple timing grids and a single track to be more convenient, once you get used to it.

bob wrote:

You can't change the timings of an individual channel, but you can make a whole bunch of different timing grids (i.e. different sets of timings), and switch between which one any particular track is using at any given moment pretty easily (via the dropdown list next to the "Timings" button on the toolbar).

If the only reason you use multiple tracks is to support different sets of timings, I think you might find multiple timing grids and a single track to be more convenient, once you get used to it.

Ohhh...

Obviously, I misunderstood what Greg meant. ;)

I could see using the single track and multiple timing grids IF you could "Freeze Panes" so you could view different channels next to each other.