Light-O-Rama Forums

Scrolling Tracks in Sequencer

jimswinder

Okay...have gone from 48 Channels to 480 channels in my Sequencer and have grouped my channels into 8 different tracks (IE: Mini Trees (24 Channels), Mega Tree (40 channels), Weber Tree (64 channels), Mega Arches (36 Channels), etc).

Is there any way to have the bottom of one track and the top of the next track on the screen at the same time? Whenever I scroll down to the next track, it "jumps" to the top of the next track, making it impossible to see the track above.

What I am wanting to do is match a certain point in the beat (Track 1 Mini Trees) with the same point in the next track (Track 2 Mega Tree).

This is where it would be VERY helpful to be able to put place markers in the Time Scale (like in Video Editing Software)...or perhaps there is something already there that I a missing or don't know about.

Thanks!!!

Currently, no; sorry. But if you only need to see the timings (as opposed to the lighting effects) in order to match positioning, you could temporarily change the second track's timing grid to be the same one that the first track is using. You can do this by selecting it from the dropdown box to the right of the "Timings" button, in the toolbar.

Another thing that could conceivably help (depending on exactly what you're trying to do) is to add an entirely new timing grid, containing only the particular timings that you're interested in at the moment.

bob wrote:

Currently, no; sorry. But if you only need to see the timings (as opposed to the lighting effects) in order to match positioning...

Nope...my timings are pretty constant (so far) between tracks, so it is not the timings I want to see, but what cells are active at a particular beat (the lighting effects?)...

But you have given me an idea. I guess I could copy and paste the the row of lighting effects I am trying to sync to from one track to another and after I am done with it delete it.

EDIT:

What would be really nice is the ability to "Freeze Panes" like in Excel.

I agree that some implementation of freeze pane would be very nice. I usually have 2 or 3 (sometimes more)channels that have no hardware assigned. I usually have one of these with a fade down starting at each beat, one with a fade down at each measure, and one that gets more free form use, like fading down with some long sustained note, or some phrase in the music...

It would be really nice to have the option to always have those channels visible at the top of the display. Then I would not be copying them throughout hundreds of channels, or wishing I could have multiple views of a channel within the same track, spaced throughout...

-klb- wrote:

It would be really nice to have the option to always have those channels visible at the top of the display. Then I would not be copying them throughout hundreds of channels, or wishing I could have multiple views of a channel within the same track, spaced throughout...

Being a Beta Tester I am sure you know about this, but for the others that did not, I was just playing around and found that using the right mouse button over the Channel Names you can "Copy To Other Track", though it does copy it to the bottom of the new track. So in essence you can have those channels visible in one or more of the other tracks...and if you change the lighting effects of that channel in one track, that one copied channel changes in all the other tracks it resides in also.