Light-O-Rama Forums

Channel problem

Terry Hurrle

I am redoing a sequence I downloaded from LOR. I have 8 mini trees but when I put a command for tree 1 to come on tree one and eight fire at the same time. Same thing with 10-15, 11-14, 12-13. I am redoing a 16 channel sequence to 32 channels but can not find any information how to configure the channels. I am using the demo software and really don't want to have to do this sequence all over. Please tell me I can fix this easily. I already have about 15 hours on this 3 minute song and only have 45 seconds left to sequence.
Thanks
Terry

Terry,

Go to Tools > Channel Property Grid and check to see which channels are assigned to which controllers. Sounds like you've got a conflict somewhere that should be pretty easy to spot.

Looking at your channel configuration, I can't see any problems. Would you mind posting the sequence so we can take a look. Maybe we can spot a problem there.

Perhaps I misunderstood your plight. The config you posted looks alright, meaning there are no channel conflicts evident. When you say that tree one and tree eight fire at the same time are you referring to what happens in your yard or what you see on the visualizer?

If your answer is the visualizer, have you used what came with the sequence or have you drawn your own? Each pixel in the visualizer needs to be belong to a channel somewhere in order for it to light on the screen when the sequence is played. If you're using the visualizer as it came with the sequence, all those pixels were drawn in to correspond with the channels in the original sequence. You'll need to re-draw it with your channels. I don't think your sequencing work is wasted, so don't worry about that. But you might need to spend a little time drawing the visualizer to represent what your setup in your yard will look like.

I am using the visualizer. Yest I have drawn it to represent my home. Some of the channels worked with what I have but I had to change a lot because I added 16 channels. However the trees are on the original 8 channels and I don't recall how the original was set up. Yes the trees are on the original sequence. It really doesn't make a difference on this sequence because be cause it looks fine. I was just making sure in future sequences that every thing is right. There were times when I had like colored trees firing at the same time but toward the end I was doing each on its own and that is when I noticed this. I am sure you guys are here to explain things for us new users.
Hurry up sale.
Thanks
Terry

George,
It is working now. I went into the sequence editor and noticed the 16 channel sequence still there along with the one I am working on. Even though it has all 32 channel on it and my house the configuration was wrong on the second one. I changed it and all is good.
Thanks
Terry