Light-O-Rama Forums

Holiday Soft

jimswinder

Anybody out there use Holiday Soft?

If so, have you figured out an easy way to create arches?

Thanks... :cool:

I read posts from people that used imported images to create their arches in Holidaysoft. But, all I did was draw an arch of lights. You can select the the color of light that you want then select single bulb per click and just draw an arch wherever you want it. I drew four arches this way with 8 channels per arch. Then, if you utilize the 3d yard, you can use the select channel feature to select the entire channel and use the plus or minus keys to place them in the exact spot you want them in the 3d yard.

This method gets a little trickier if your arches have multiple colors. Also, depending on how steady your hand is, you may not have perfectly shaped arches but mine actually came out pretty good I think.

ryebred wrote:

This method gets a little trickier if your arches have multiple colors. Also, depending on how steady your hand is, you may not have perfectly shaped arches but mine actually came out pretty good I think.

Thanks...I ended up holding up a piece of plastic over my monitor, marking on the plastic where I wanted the arches, took it off the monitor, then used a compass to mark a nice curve on the plastic and then taped it back on my monitor so I could place my lights some what decently.