Light-O-Rama Forums

Mini Snowfall lights

kellyhaglund

Hope this isn't to caustic, but if anyone is interested, I have a set of Mini snowfall lights for sale, very inexpensive over on e-bay.

If this is to caustic, sorry. Didn't know if this was too sensitive or not???

K

kellyhaglund wrote:

Thanks, I didn't want to be too pushy.

K

Not a problem. Everyone is always looking for good deals on Christmas and even other themed items on the forums, so next time, feel free to post the link to your items. Only reason I went searching is so I could bid on them myself! I think those things are really cool and would love to have some to add to my display in 2010! Don't know if I'll win the bid or not, but hoping. If not, I'll probably just go to the website that sells them and buy a set or two.:cool:

Wow, are you making and selling these? What a great deal....
I'd like to bid too but, would hate to bid against such great Christmas enthusiasts....

_evan

Just wondering if you are going to market them to members here and on PC. I think you would have a market.

Roger Leon Forbes wrote:

Just wondering if you are going to market them to members here and on PC. I think you would have a market.

Sorry guys, these are already a COMMERCIAL ITEM that you can buy. Of course not at the $39.00 starting bid price listed on E-Bay.

But click the link and you can see and read the description of them for yourself:

http://www.christmas-leds.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=MIN-SFT

Cost is $78.90 for a 12 light set. And they come in Red, White, Blue and Green.

I'm considering ordering some of these for my Display this year. Just wish they also had come in Orange for Halloween too because these things are really cool. Go to this link and watch the video of how they work: http://www.christmas-leds.com/category.aspx?categoryID=313

And no, I'm not the seller, I don't have anything to do with them except I think they are the neatest LED lighting effect I've seen to date. Not sure how well they'd interface with LOR since they have their own hardwired controller.

Just sent Kelly an order for 2 sets of the snowfall lights in White LED w/green strings. Good price and shipping charges. I've seen these at other vendors for $78.99 and even as high as $179.99! OUCH!

So Kelly is offering these at the lowest price point I've seen thus far! Don't miss out like I usually do!

I'm really looking forward to getting them! Not sure how they'll interface with the LOR hardware, but I can work that out after they arrive!

I bought two sets (5 tubes in each) of these last year from winterland and very happy with them. Two more sets for this year at $79 each on sale. They are 20" and worked well even after getting knocked out of the trees by high winds. See them in the 2009 videos on my website. One thing I like about them is they don't blink when they get to the bottom. One draw back is that you have to extend the drops to spread them out.

BrianC wrote:

Forgot to mention that you program them the same way you would program strobes. All on or all off, nothing else.

Thanks Brian. I had a feeling that would be the way to use them with the LOR controllers. But I like to ask to be sure, mainly because sometimes manufacturers do make changes and the behavior could be a little different from one year to the next.

So I'd rather know from those that have used them, how and what their recommendations are for some of this stuff, especially when it comes to interfacing them with LOR!

Kelly, my SF lights arrived today, Friday 2/12/2010 and they are beautiful!

One question, since there aren't any real instructions showing their wattage, amps or any other detailed information, do you know by chance just how many of these Mini SnowFall LED light strings can be interconnected together?

I'm actually using one adapter for both strings I got from you and keeping the other one as a backup adapter for them. Like the fact they do operate from a single adapter and can be interconnected.

Thanks!

Hi Orville,

Because these are LED's they take very little amperage. I've measured between .03 and .04 of 1 amp per string at any given time. Also the wattage is never more than 2 watts of power.

You should be able to connect 2 strings of Mini lights (that would be 24 tubes) to one of the included transformers and save the other for a spare if you ever need it.

Hope you love em. I'm going to have different styles of snowfall lights on e-bay all year. So check back when you can. Always check SNOWFALL LIGHTS.

Thanks again,

Still just havin fun!!

Kel

Hi all,

There are some more mini snowfall lights on e-bay if you're interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270530773391&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Is there a place on this Forum where we just have things listed for sale? If not, it might be a great idea. Everyone has something they would like to recycle.

Kel

kellyhaglund wrote:

Is there a place on this Forum where we just have things listed for sale? If not, it might be a great idea. Everyone has something they would like to recycle.

Yeah...sorta like Craigslist....but we could call it LORSList!!