Light-O-Rama Forums

X10 CM15A support

Tim Fischer

Tim,

Just found this thread... Was too busy to spend as much time on the forums this year as I would like. What version of the LOR software are you using? Did you have backgournd sequence that was just keeping some X10 devices on during the show?

Thanks
Dan

LightORamaDan wrote:

Tim,

Just found this thread... Was too busy to spend as much time on the forums this year as I would like. What version of the LOR software are you using? Did you have backgournd sequence that was just keeping some X10 devices on during the show?

Thanks
Dan

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply I'm running the version before the current one (2.8.12? I'd have to check)

I was attempting to do the same thing I do every year - have a background sequence responsible for running my static items (all X-10 channels). When I tried it with multiple X-10 addresses, only a handful of them would actually get the ON command, and none got the off command. When I set up a macro (via Activehome) so that LOR was only sending out to one X10 address, the display would go on, but not off.

If you can't reproduce this in-house I'd be happy to try to pare down my show and find some sort of "minimal" configuration that shows this behavior. It's quite possible I'm screwing something up but I've managed to get it working in prior years ;) As I noted above, I'm now letting ActiveHome do my X-10 stuff (I removed the X-10 device under Network settings in LOR) and it's working fine, which seems to rule out line noise, etc.

The one X-10 issue I *did* have ever since S2 came out (LOR 1.x did not do this) was that whenever the background sequence looped and the X10 ON commands were resent, all my LOR controllers would freeze in place for a second or 3. With a one-minute background sequence it was really bad. It got worse the more X10 commands needed to be sent, so that's when I started using macros so only one command would need to be sent, and I cranked up the length of my background sequence.

I haven't had a chance to play much with CM15A scripting yet, but it's high on my to-do list. I don't want to mess with my show now during the pre-Christmas crunch but perhaps the week before New Year's I'll see if I can get LOR to script the CM15A and run it that way (via "Windows Command"/.BAT files)

Thanks,
-Tim

Thanks,
-Tim