Light-O-Rama Forums

Fantasmic! Halloween 2009

michael.farney

michael.farney wrote:

I'm curious what you were trying to accomplish in your garage. Was it a beam show as opposed to graphics show? The laser was rated weak enough you were pointing it at the audience? Fog outside is always a problem.

As for your DMX, put exhaust fans on the enclosures.

I had a 5mW green and 5mW red laser streamer at the rear of the garage, angled downwards so that it didn't project to where the audience were. I'd like to replace it with a 3B (budget permitting) with animation at some stage but like you, would only consider rear projection for safety. I modified my fog machine so that it automatically pumps out a 2 second burst every 30 seconds and this was much more effective than long bursts.

OK on the DMX enclosures with fans. I've found a few companies in Australia that make 15 1/2" and 19 1/2" clear acrylic domes and waiting for pricing. If they aren't too expensive then I'll get a few to play with. To get over our summer heat issues (at Christmas) I'm thinking of making up a rigid base that the light and enclosure can sit on at night. If I go down this path the main hassle will be to ensure that I can accurately align the light each night so that it points where it is meant to.

Cheers,

davidt, Australia

• 8 months later...

INCREDIBLE!

I must meet you in person! Where do you live? I'll fly there right now! no, not really. I wish though.

Being a major Disney fanatic, you did a freaking amazing job. I am honestly speechless.

I want you to know that I'm sharing this on www.visionsfantastic.com

Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.

You deserve awards. xD

Keep up the amazing work!