Light-O-Rama Forums

Visualizer question

DownTown

Due to some major changes to my display for 2010, I need to add some space at the top of my visualizer for new elements of the display. Is this possible, withhout having to re-draw 160 channels?

I hope someone has a good fix for me.

Thanks in advance.

D.T.

I, too, would find this to be a useful option. But at this time I believe the answer is NO. You can add new rows up to the maximum (which I think is 200) but that adds them to the bottom of the current visualizer image. Maybe someone will come along and say that it can be done with an XML editor or something. If it can, whoever that someone is, please post the details on how to do it.

I think someone here (or on PC) a while back was discussing how they modified the S2 XML sequence file by running some kind of script code or template on it. That would probably work great in this case because you would simply be adding a specified number to the "row index".

Unfortunately, I can't find the post. When I searched the internet I found articles on using "XSL script" to modify XML files. But at first glance, it didn't look too easy.

This might be the discussion you referred to. It shifted the whole animator to the right by 30 pixels allowing one to add something new to the left of their display. I'm betting the same kind of thing could be done adding rows to the top.

I understand the programming, but I personally was not able to implement it. Hope you have better luck.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum77/16790.html

Richard

rjnitto wrote:

This might be the discussion you referred to.  It shifted the whole animator to the right by 30 pixels allowing one to add something new to the left of their display.  I'm betting the same kind of thing could be done adding rows to the top.

I understand the programming,  but I personally was not able to implement it.  Hope you have better luck.

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum77/16790.html

Richard

DownTown Were you able to get the animation shifted?
I have been working on this problem as well. The solution posted by Steven was my start point to an expanded version which outputs all the xml attributes and requires less editing. I will start a new thread for it.

No, not yet... one of our faithful is trying to take a look at it for me (Thanks Don!). I looked at your post with a solution, but not knowing that language, it was about as clear as mud. But thanks for the effort. I appreciate it.

D.T.