Light-O-Rama Forums

Beat/VU Wizard causes crashes

ddrueding

Hi, new here...hardware on the way.

I just downloaded the software (2.6.2), registered it (Advanced), and was able to use the Tapper wizard without issue. However, any time I try either the Beat or VU wizard, it immediately brings up the error "The Light-O-Rama Sequence Editor has stopped responding" and crashes to the desktop.

I know Windows 7 isn't officially supported, but it seems many people have it working just fine. This was my first install, so no borked old installs or other versions sitting around. I am a tech guy, though not a programmer, so if there is anything you would like me to try, please let me know. I did run many searches, and didn't find anything in the first few pages of results. System specs below:

i7EE@4Ghz, 12GB RAM@1600MHz, OCZ Z-Drive m84 512GB, HD5870, Gigabyte GA-EX58-Extreme, Antec P-183, Antec CP-850, 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Thanks in advance for any help!

The same thing happens to my machine with Vista. LOR is aware of the problem, and according to Bob, it happens on some machines and not on others. They can't figure out why, yet, so for the time being, it seems at least I'm out of luck, maybe you also. Sorry. You could shoot an e-mail to the support dept to see if they have an answer yet.

bisquit476 schreef:

The same thing happens to my machine with Vista. LOR is aware of the problem, and according to Bob, it happens on some machines and not on others. They can't figure out why, yet, so for the time being, it seems at least I'm out of luck, maybe you also. Sorry. You could shoot an e-mail to the support dept to see if they have an answer yet.

Hey guys,

Have you tried the follow: Remove the software of the computer and restart your computer. Rightclick on the setup of lightorama software, click properties, go to tab compatibility, in compatibilitymode select windows XP an d click OK. Now run the setup and look if it now will work. If that doesn't work it has to do with the security of windows vista and windows 7.

Let me tell you this about vista and windows 7. Most of the times the installation must be done by administrator rights. Then I mean the real WINDOWS administrator rights. Not the administrator rights you have made in the useraccounts. Because of the secure envirement of windows vista and windows 7 some programs doesn't install well or don't works well without the Windows administrator rights. Microsoft has standard disabled the original admin rigths for the safer use of windows and internet.

If you look at a LMS sequence file you can open it as a textfile with iexplorer. In this case it's almost surtain that the answer lays in the security register of the iexplorer. This maybe helpfull for the LOR team.

I hope you can get your software started.