Light-O-Rama Forums

Would This Be Possible...Using An Interactive Button To...

jimswinder

Ok all you smart electrical types...

I was sitting here thinking about doing video and thought it would be kinda cool if I was able to turn on a web cam that it is mounted so it takes video of the kids while they are pushing my interactive buttons.

Why you ask?

So I could capture the look on their face and have it broadcast "live" to my projector that is projecting on my front window.

So, would it be possible for the interactive button to turn on the web cam (or perhaps just turn the projector on and have the web cam on all the time) AND run the sequence? (Sorta like going down the waterslide at Disney and having your picture taken).

I'm asking 'cause I would have NOOOOOO clue as how to do it.

Yes, if you have an Advanced level license, and a webcam that can be turned on by running some program (perhaps with command line options).

You can set up the sequence to execute a Windows command whenever it runs; that Windows command could tell the webcam to turn on.

Please see the following page in the help file for details on how to associate a Windows command with a sequence: "Light-O-Rama Concepts" / "Sequences" / "Windows Shell Commands".

An online copy of that help file page, appropriate for the latest version of software (currently 2.6.2), can be found here:

http://lightorama.com/help/index.html?windows_shell_commands.htm

bob wrote:

Yes, if you have an Advanced level license, and a webcam that can be turned on by running some program (perhaps with command line options).

Hey Bob...

Do you need the Advance Level License if you want to just be able to use an interactive button?

EDIT:

Never mind..I found the answer in the link you provided. :cool:

And the answer is Yes I do...Guess I had to get it anyway since I am going up to 30 Controllers this year!! LOL