Light-O-Rama Forums

LED Holiday Lighting PreOrder started today

stanward

So...what a dilemma...

Paul with better customer service or Travis with lower prices AND free shipping???

For me I would save over $1000 just on the lights and I would imagine my shipping would be over $300...

Looks like Travis undercut Paul by .25 cents per string and you don't have to buy a full case.

The Links:

You can access the sale page by clicking this link: http://www.ledholidaylighting.com/2010-LED-Pre-Order.aspx

The Price sheet is located at this link: http://www.ledholidaylighting.com/2010_LED_Pricing.pdf

I have been a customer of Travis for the last couple of years. This year I didn't have a problem with him and shipping me the correct stuff. I know that doesn't make it acceptable for what he did to everyone else, but not everyone got screwed over.

This year I ordered from Paul and I also plan on ordering from Travis. It seems that Travis has made a ton of changes at the company and hopefully for the better. Lets not forget that just 2 years ago Paul was selling lights that were bursting into flames on peoples houses. We seemed to forgive and forget that, but Travis seems to be continually getting a bad rap.

I think the difference was in how each guy handled the adversity. Paul jumped right out in front of it and grabbed it by the horns and Travis retreated into a silent dark corner. That doesn't make either one right or wrong, but their responses were polar opposites.

Jeff Millard wrote:

You know, if you guys just bought incandescent minis off the shelf at the local Rite-Aid, Wally World or Lowest you wouldn't have to worry about all these problems you have with those danged LEDs.:cool:

Jeff

We'll see who is laughing when the ELF organization comes and burns down your house!!! LOL

Edit:

Earth Liberation Force for all those non-LED users... lol

Jeff Millard wrote:

You know, if you guys just bought incandescent minis off the shelf at the local Rite-Aid, Wally World or Lowest you wouldn't have to worry about all these problems you have with those danged LEDs.:cool:

Jeff

so the local "Rite-Aid, Wally World or Lowest" delivered those 100lbs of lights to you via UPS??

How nice of them!!!! ;)

Well folks, ya know the ELF is gonna be after me too cause I sold Jeff all those pesky incandescent lights ;) And I got more of the single color ones here as well as a bunch of C9 bulbs I bought to use to insure my display isn't TOO Earth friendly :)

-Gary-

Ponddude wrote:

This year I ordered from Paul and I also plan on ordering from Travis. It seems that Travis has made a ton of changes at the company and hopefully for the better. Lets not forget that just 2 years ago Paul was selling lights that were bursting into flames on peoples houses. We seemed to forgive and forget that, but Travis seems to be continually getting a bad rap.

Wounds take time to heal. Last year at this time it was the same for Paul as it is for Travis now. He is making changes that will hopefully correct the issues from this year.

I had a big order from Paul last year and one from Travis this year. I still bought from Paul this year and will place a small order with Travis for next. I think most of us are willing to give each of them a second chance. If all goes well for Travis, by this time next year much will be forgiven.

I bought some strobes and wire from Paul last year. This year it says there is a $1000 minimum. Wasn't the minimum waived for PC members or something? I have not seen a reference to that this year.

The minimum is waived, as long as you purchase within the dates of the preorder (till Jan 31).

Kenneth D wrote:

I bought some strobes and wire from Paul last year. This year it says there is a $1000 minimum. Wasn't the minimum waived for PC members or something? I have not seen a reference to that this year.

Last year I ordered 2-c6 strings from Travis, in October he sent me m5's. I sent them back, after a month of e-mailing him with no responce. He e-mailed me saying he did not understand the problem. I explained it all again and never heard back from him.

I just placed a 1400.00 order with Paul, If Travis could not take care of such a small order, how can I trust him with a pre order?

I'm not mad about it , just disappointed. I was very happy with Travis before this.

rstately wrote:

Last year I ordered 2-c6 strings from Travis, in October he sent me m5's. I sent them back, after a month of e-mailing him with no response. He e-mailed me saying he did not understand the problem. I explained it all again and never heard back from him.

I just placed a 1400.00 order with Paul, If Travis could not take care of such a small order, how can I trust him with a pre order?

I'm not mad about it , just disappointed. I was very happy with Travis before this.

This is my 1st year with LED's and LOR, so I tried each guy out a few weeks ago. Ordered some clearance items from both. 2 days after my order w/ Paul the lights were sitting on my door. To this day, I have not rec'd from Travis. I have called, and called, and called...Emailed repeatably. I feel forced now to dispute this order with paypal and let them get my $ back. With all this in mind, I placed my $1K order today w/ Paul...I feel worry free