Light-O-Rama Forums

Other Uses for LOR

Guest guest

As you've seen, my login name is Roadnut. This is due to that I enjoy roads, road construction, and anything associated with them. Thru eBay, I have purchased 2 traffic lights, which I normally set up in my back yard as working decorations.

After thinking about it, I also realized that I could take these traffic lights, wire each bulb to a plug (it's real easy; we're only talking standard light bulbs and standard wiring), and by using LOR I could control the 2 lights just like it would look an a regular intersection by creating a simple animation sequence set to loop.

I've even thought about mentioned Dan's LOR system on MTR - the newsgroup for roadgeeks (yes, that's what they call themselves) - as a solution to having people time lights. (I hope that's OK with you Dan!)

So...what other ingenius things besides Christmas/Easter/Halloween/Independence Day lighting displays have you all used.

Hey maybe just a bit off topic but have you seen the LED traffic lights at alleletronics.com? I thought about buying a couple but they are bit expensive.

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/LP-320/search/8"#34;_LED-LIGHTED_TRAFFIC_LIGHT,_USED_.html

As for me I'm using LOR for controlling an animated Santa wire frame (on/off) and a number of inflatables. I'm also using it to spell "Merry Christmas" (sequenced)

I intend to run a "show" for halloween with mine. Folks will walk into a "graveyard" and the sound track will begin with some narration and as this goes on different lights will fade on, I'll activate fog on sequence run an air cannon and have caskets pop oppen with dead guys flipping out of them. Looks like I'll get my LOR too late for this year though.

I bought 16 AC relays to gang off the 16 channels. I will disable the relays on channels that I intent to operate lights with. The relays will operate solinoids for pnuematic cylineders, foggers and other low voltage items.

Then at christmas I'll put the LOR in charge of my christmas lights (I think you can do that with these right..LOL)