Light-O-Rama Forums

Copy / Paste

pixeldigger

I am trying to plan a grid type display (sort of like the one Martin Lindsay used in 2008)
Since LOR is programmed in a time/channel grid, its not "intuitive" to program.

I have written s little app that helps.
grid.jpg
Whatever I draw on the grid is displayed in vertical grid form on the left.
Now for each timing event in the musical sequence, I must draw the frame , then make the on/off clicks in LOR as displayed on the left.
My hope is that I could copy/Paste this into the LOR grid instead of having to do all 112 channels for each timing, but don't know what format to add for the LOR clipboard.

Is there any info available?
My app is VB6.

Thanks
Mike

Copy & paste does not appear to actually put anything accessible into the clipboard. I think the cntl-c & v are intercepted and custom commands using internal pointers move things around. I was trying to save CCR programming commands into a non lor file put could not do it.

You may have to paste it into the file with xml editor.

Here is a similar discussion
http://forums.planetchristmas.com/showthread.php?t=39383

ItsMeBobO is correct - the Sequence Editor's copy and paste functionality is internal to the Sequence Editor itself; it does not use the Windows clipboard.

If not possible to add the that, maybe adding a feature like what Mike is doing could be useful. I would love to see that added to the software.

If not possible to add the that, maybe adding a feature like what Mike is doing could be useful. I would love to see that added to the software.

Export to Import from Clipboard would be awesome. Even if its limited in some way. And even if feature Pixel Digger is working on is added.

A way to get externally generated beats into the sequence would allow for all kinds of new features!

It is not that tough now to put externally generated beats into the XML files. I use some shareware to generate note onset timings in decimal seconds. I then use excel to multiply those values by 100, wrap some text around them, and then paste the resulting block into the file.

I guess I may have to put a write up of the process on my list of things to document on my web site...

pixeldigger wrote:

I am trying to plan a grid type display (sort of like the one Martin Lindsay used in 2008)
Since LOR is programmed in a time/channel grid, its not "intuitive" to program.

You might take a look at what it would take to have your program write into a "template" LOR file. Make a LOR file that just has the channels of this grid, and is some number of seconds long. Then have your program set up to write the data for a given pattern into second X of the file. This way you can write several patterns into a template file, and then open it up in LOR and copy/paste into the sequence where you want it.

By creating the file in LOR, all you will have to do is update each channel line with the on and off commands needed to transition between images, and you can leave the entire rest of the file alone...

I think you'll find it's MUCH easier to program if you scroll the words instead of displaying them statically. We had a pretty good size LED Matrix this year, and did words like crazy (both scrolling and static, as well as Pong and other fun stuff). You could check out the videos on my website for examples.