Light-O-Rama Forums

Version 2.6.2 will not install on Vista

mmais68569

I just downloaded the 2.6.2 update version & Vista can not find the file to install when you go to the control panel under programs. Any ideas on the fix.

Thanks Mike

This problem hit me too. It was about a month ago so I am not 100% on this.

It appears the files are extracted to a folder and then does not have permission to execute the msi in that folder.

What I did was start the process, use windows explorer to find the new folder and grant permission (or try copying to another folder), then click the continue to finish the process.

I installed ver 2.6.2 just fine on 2 Vista machines when it first was released.

No problems with LOR and VISTA.

I always download and burn each LOR version release to a CD then install from the CD. The one CD has all LOR releases from back to ver 1.5 in one easy to store location. Makes it very easy to update multiple machines.

I have tried both ways mentioned but neither worked. I keep getting a message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".
When I go to the browse feature in the bottom portion of the box & place the location then hit OK it still will not find. What can I do?

mmais68569 wrote:

I have tried both ways mentioned but neither worked. I keep getting a message "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable".
When I go to the browse feature in the bottom portion of the box & place the location then hit OK it still will not find. What can I do?

See this thread, this error message has been addressed previously

http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum90/19876.html