Light-O-Rama Forums

sequencer bar hangs up

gerald sundberg

Some songs are worse than others and the problem is getting worse. The traveling bar does not always stop only intermittently and the stop button will not stop the music when the bar hangs up. Any ideas?
Your friend in Christ Jerry

Start with the basics:

What version LOR? Operating system? Computer?

Sounds more like a computer issue (running out of ram, hard drive space, maleware) than a software issue.

When was the last time you really cleaned your machine? Perhaps an operating system reload if you still have the disks.

My version is S1, S2 I ordered last week. Operating system if you mean Windows XP is what I am using. The machine is a E machine used when I got it. So how would I go about fixing it, or should I be looking for a new one? My show pc is separate from this one I'm using (not connected to the internet). Should I call in Geek Squad or sombody?
Your friend in Christ Jerry

Jerry,

A few years back I had the same problem trying to run the software on an E-Machine. I am not sure if the problems are related but my problem was processing speed, like you said the music would play but the sequence itself (including the lights) would hang. It ended up being a memory issue, I picked up a low end computer to test it on and it worked fine. Since you are running XP I am assuming shouldn't be your problem. IMHO I woud try to find another computer to run it on, I never really liked the E-machines.