Light-O-Rama Forums

Starting new sequences with more channels ?

LENNY RUEL

I need to hang on to my current sequences as I have an encore show I need to fire the system back up for this coming Saturday. My questions is with adding 3 or 4 more controllers for next year can I go in and add them now and start playing around with new sequencing? I'm guessing if I start and do the Save As and rename the new sequence someting else the original is held in the program? Or do I need to keep the original and cut/paste what I want to the new one and do Save as with that. Like now I'm running 64 channels and it might say LER-Wizards In Winter.lms or something like that. If I start to resequence and change it to say 112-Wizards In Winter. lms will that work. Or should I start with any of the new ones I'm going add instead? Thanks.

Lenny

Lenny,

As long as you make no changes to the channels you have already assigned to run your 2009 display it doesn't matter how many other channels you add to a sequence. Just make sure that you DO NOT assign these new channels a controller or circuit in your existing setup and the sequence should play exactly the same as it did before.

George:
Yeah I thought so. There is some channel reassignment, so I'm going to have to leave it sit until I get through this weekend. Thanks. But say I'm adding Reflections of Earth as a new one I could go in and create a new sequence for 112 channels and do my work? I just couldn't assign channels so would need a cheat sheet next to me as to what they are going to be? Once I got this weekend out of the way I could assign them then and hold that config. then for everything else to come, right?

Lenny

Yes. You can add as many channels as you want to any of your sequences as long as you don't change anything relating to what you have in the yard right now.

Don't forget, once you get that first sequence file modified, you can export the configuration into new or older files so you don't have to type in all the channel information, colors, etc.

The only caveat is that in an older sequence, before you import the master file, you need to add the new channels in the appropriate location so that it will mesh up with the imported config.

Tip: I use an unassigned channel at the top of each of my sequences and then type in a "Revision #" in the channel so that I'll always be able to tell what rev. the sequence is. If I add new channels or a device, etc. then I increment the revision number on the master configuration before saving so that it imports correctly with all the new channel assignments....

Randy

Thanks Randy.
I know about the first two lines and the tip is a good one. I'm probably going to put in the full 112 channels for next year above the ones in the current sequences when I start to redo them and cut and paste to the correct ones. It won't take long and all of the elements are still going to be there and unchanged, except the mega tree which will be cut from 16 channels to 12 and going to multiple colors.

Lenny