Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor

M. Brooker

Hi, very new newbie here, only have the demo but every time I try to use sequence editor, within like a minute or so, it says it has encountered a problem and must close.
I have the latest version of the software and I am running XP, any ideas?

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post.

Haven`t tried that yet...will go do that now.

Will see what happens, and thanks for the quick reply.

uninstalled, rebooted and then reinstalled the software.....same result.

I think it may just be my computer, now would be a good time go format and try Windows 7.

Thanks for the help

There's also a free program by Microsoft called Windows Installer Cleanup that might be beneficial by removing all traces of LOR installs in case your problem is related to a previous failed LOR install or uninstall.

M. Brooker wrote:

Hi, very new newbie here, only have the demo but every time I try to use sequence editor, within like a minute or so, it says it has encountered a problem and must close.
I have the latest version of the software and I am running XP, any ideas?

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this post.

Welcome to the LOR forums M. Brooker! No apologies needed. This is a supportive group, so make sure you ask all the questions you have.

Does the program crash after any particular action--do you see any patterns? (i.e. it always crashes right when I click the xyz button.) Does it happen in both a new blank sequence, as well as an existing sequence (can download one here http://www.lightorama.com/FreeTSO.html or on the download page at http://www.lightoramasequences.com/ Do you get any more info in the error message?

Here is a discussion of the previously mentioned Windows Installer Cleanup tool http://lightorama.mywowbb.com/forum90/19876.html

I would run this program too prior to reinstalling. http://www.lightorama.com/downloads/2.6.2/LORRegistryWipe.exe

I would re-download the LOR software and save it to you computer (click SAVE rather than RUN when downloading) in case you have a corrupted download. http://www.lightorama.com/SoftwareDownloadPage.html

In my experience, the LOR software has been very stable. Don't give up. Somebody here will figure it out if you keep having problems. Often the LOR software gurus chime in if needed.

Please keep us updated.

What exactly is the error message?

LOR is a stable program. I would suspect there is something going on with your computer.

Though technically not yet supported, LOR runs fine on Win 7.

Let us know how is goes after the upgrade.

Thanks for the help....it really doesn`t matter what I try, new sequences or downloaded ones, same result.

It says sequense editor has encountered a problem and will now close. Then of course my only option is click OK, and it closes.

I will definately try the programs posted here, but I am inclined to agree that is is something in my pc.

I`ll try those programs and see what happens.

Thanks for the help and the welcome.

I would also suggest using Windows Update to make sure Windows is completely up to date, and installing or reinstalling the latest version of Windows Media Player.

Regarding Windows Update, please note that it does not necessarily list all available updates that you don't yet have. It only lists those that can be installed right now, based upon what you already have installed. So, if there's an update that you haven't yet installed, but it depends upon another update that you haven't yet installed, Windows Update won't list the one that depends on the other.

So, what I personally do is this: Go into Windows Update. Tell it to install everything it lists. After it is done (and after I reboot, if it tells me to), I immediately go back into Windows Update again, and tell it to install everything it lists. I keep doing this over and over again, until finally it lists no available updates.

Well hewre is the latest, took all the advice, updated windows, ran the lor reg utility, as well as the windows installer utility, rebooting between each program.

Re downloaded the LOR software installed it and so far is seems to be working, just used tapper wizard to Start a new song, first time I have been able to get through an entire song..........THANKS a million to all who helped.

M. Brooker wrote:

Well hewre is the latest, took all the advice, updated windows, ran the lor reg utility, as well as the windows installer utility, rebooting between each program.

Re downloaded the LOR software installed it and so far is seems to be working, just used tapper wizard to Start a new song, first time I have been able to get through an entire song..........THANKS a million to all who helped.

Great! Glad it worked. Last thing that any of us would want to see is somebody give up on using LOR just because they couldn't get the software to install properly. Let us know any other problems you experience or questions you have.