Light-O-Rama Forums

Animator (Visualizer) Image Size

Rick Hughes

I'm creating a new Animator configuration, but when I tried to import the (BMP) image an error said "The selected image is too large for the display. Use it anyway?"

I searched the Help file, Wiki, and forum but could not determine the largest image file (dimensions) permitted.

Anyone know?

Thanks ...

I'm not sure, but have you tried using it anyway? I vaguely remember seeing something just like that message when I first imported a picture of my place a year ago or so. I used it anyway and have suffered no ill effects of which I'm aware.

I think there have been issues where it does help to have the image smaller than the screen resolution by enough to have the window borders around it. But once that is met, if you have enough PC power, you can go ahead and click through that error, and even hit plus a few times for a tighter grid if you want. I think one one of my animation windows is 126 rows by 700 columns on an image that is twice that resolution natively.

The image my visualizer is currently set for is 144 rows by 320 columns, and I hit the plus sign to the max when I imported it..

My image is quite large because it has three houses "pasted" together. I'm using a BMP and found (trial and error) that 680x480 is fine - and then moved to the finest resolution of squares.

Thanks for the tips.

That message means that the image is larger than will fit on your screen (at the image's natural resolution). If any program displays the whole thing at once on your screen, it's actually displaying a shrunken version of it.

I suggest using an image editing program (such as Microsoft Paint, which comes built-in with your Windows operating system) to make a new copy of the file with a resolution smaller than the resolution of your monitor, and then using that new copy with LOR.