Light-O-Rama Forums

No I am Not!!

shfr26

Went out this A.M. at 0800 eastern to take down the rest of the display. Put my coat on, only 33 degrees out, got outside and IT WAS SNOWING!!! Yes snow in Florida. I thought I was ????, called wife and grand daughter out, and yes it was snowing. Now all the way up to 37.

Anyway,

How do you start sequencing for 2010 if you are adding new elements and do not know how they will work quite yet, or if they will? A few ideas but nothing for sure yet.

Thanks

Sfr...

I'm going to lay some items out in the garage this year and 'test run' the new items...things like tree color combinations/fades, etc...

As far as the entire thing 'coming together'.....I just have FAITH!!!

That's one of the things the visualizer is for. What I do is create a musical sequence with the number of channels that my new device/idea will use. Then draw the device/idea in the visualizer screen and begin setting it to music. I don't worry about getting it drawn to scale with the rest of the yard at this point - actually I make it as large and as easy to draw as possible. Later on, after I've decided to keep it, I draw it to scale in my master configuration to see how it will look in the yard with everything else.

You can still get started on sequences by getting a jump on working out the beat and timings. You can work on the elements you already have in the display keeping in mind areas where you want your new elements to work with your old ones.

I have a thought that fits here that was past to me from Robin, and would like to share. Work on all your builds now, while they are fresh in your head. STOP building in and about Juneish. Than focas on sequencing the rest of the year. Do not do any building the rest of the year.

I found this to be great advice. I wish I would of followed it. I ended up building rate up till set up time, and found that my sequencing this year was not up to my par. Rushed a lot of it, and not happy with it.

Just my two cents

CN